Chapter Twenty-Three

Chapter 23

A few days passed and it was Saturday night, I wasn’t going out tonight, I figured that I go out way too much. Pretty much every single weekend I’m out partying, and after what happened at the beach house with the tattoo I figured my partying days were over (at least for another weekend anyway), plus I had to call my mom back and tell her that Brett was coming with us after all even though she probably wouldn’t be too happy about it. I honestly didn’t care what they thought of him, I know Brett’s a good guy and wouldn’t hurt anyone unless they did something to hurt a person he loves.

I found myself pacing in my bedroom trying to convince myself to call my mother before I chickened out and went by myself. I knew I would be bored out of my mind sitting at a wedding by myself, with Jacob and his drunk self the only thing to entertain me with so I quickly dialed my house number and waited for her to answer.

“Hey, Sweetie, how’s it going?” she asked in a friendly tone.

“Uh, hey mom, everything’s great,” I said.

“Oh good, and guess what Chase and his family have moved out of town so you can come home now,” Mom explained. “Of course your father and I think you should finish the school year at McHenley, since it would be kind of dumb just for you to only be there for two months and then leave,” she rambled.

“Yeah,” I replied. There was no way I wanted to leave this place; I actually had friends here unlike at home.

“So Ally, are you excited about the wedding?” Mom asked.

“Err… yeah,” I replied nervously.

“Something wrong?”

“Nothing’s wrong it’s just that’s kind of why I was calling,” I explained. She was silent so I took that as my cue to continue. “Anyway, I decided that I would bring Brett with me to the wedding, I know I told you that I wasn’t going to but I changed my mind.”

My mother was silent for a minute. “Well, um ok,” she said.

I was shocked that she didn’t freak out about. “Great, then,” I said happily.

“So he’s coming to the wedding then?”

“Yes.”

“I’ll let them know, so they can arrange another plate of food,” Mom said.

“Thank you, Mom,” I said.

“No problem, Dear,” she said, “anyway I’ve gotta go, I’ll talk to you soon, I love you.”

“Love you too,” I said before disconnecting the call.

Wow, ok, that went a lot better than I thought it would. Maybe Mom’s giving him a chance… I can only hope.