Chapter Sixteen

Chapter 16

“Hey Mom, Dad,” I said giving them each a wave. I looked down at the floor hoping it would just swallow me up whole and then I would never have to worry about this situation anymore.

“Allison Mai Thomas!” my mother yelled.

Oh god she used my full name, I’m in a lot more trouble than I thought.

“Uh yeah?” I mumbled afraid to look up at her, in fact I think the floor was much more interesting.

“Look up at me right now Allison! I want to know what you are doing with this filthy boy in your dorm room?!” she screamed at me.

I looked over at Brett and winced giving him an apologetic look as he stood up. My dad was trying to calm my mom down and I prayed that this whole situation would turn out just fine; unfortunately luck really wasn’t on my side today.

“Woah, woah, woah!” Brett started holding his hands up in a calm down gesture. “I am not filthy, look I’m clean,” he said holding his hands out to show them.

Face palm.

I stood up and stood next to Brett grabbing his hands and putting them to his sides again as my mom said. “Why does he have a black eye?”

“I was in a fight yesterday,” Brett shrugged as if it was nothing.

I turned to Brett giving him a look that said ‘please shut up before I hurt you’. “What he’s saying is-“

“Allison?! He was in a fight?” Mom asked her eyes widening in shock.

“Yes,” I muttered, “but that’s not the problem.”

“You’re right, the problem is, is what is this boy doing in your room?!” she asked giving me a disapproving look. Her eyes suddenly widened in horror, “Oh my-“

“Mom! No!” I said shaking my hands violently as I stepped in front of Brett.

Mom frowned while Brett held back a laugh. “I want you out now!” Mom said pointing at the door. She stepped out of the way of the door. Brett walked around me purposely brushing his arm with mine.

“I guess I’ll see you later then?” Brett asked walking out the door.

“Uh yeah,” I muttered under my breath.

My dad closed the door behind him. They both turned to look at me crossing their arms over their chests. Ok so Brett meeting my parents for the first time didn’t go exactly as I had originally planned.

“What happened to you?” Dad spoke for the first time since he got here.