Chapter 15 - Working it out

Yay, chapter 15! look at me go, I'm Amazing! Woo, yay, ohmigod yas, 'cyoot' go me look at how fabulous i am yay.

Ahem. I mean, this chapter switches ship again.

P.S. I'm kind of sorry for the first bit, but then again, my writing controls me, not the other way round, I'm afraid.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 15 - Working it out

John's POV

As I ran out of the forest, i heard a female scream. I couldn't be sure, but i guessed that it was Gigi. Even if it wasn't, Sherlock was an amazing sprinter, and would probably look after whoever it was...to an extent at least. I darted through groups of people in the dorm corridors, and taking three steps at a time up the stairs. 

I was panting like a dog by the time i reached floor C, where Wendy's room was.

I knocked on the door frantically, getting close to hitting Wendy in the face as she opened it hurriedly. When she realised who i was, her face turned dark. 

"Out." In barely a whisper, she ordered my departure, however i wasn't going to give up caring that easily.

"Wendy, I'm sorry, what happened-"

"GET OUT!" She screamed. I stood there trying to make words from random letters, but was left speechless as she slapped my face, and slammed the door.

Thankfully, there was no one in the corridor to watch me as I staggered backwards a few steps, dazed and vulnerable. I stumbled upstairs, regaining my thoughts from the scattered corners of my mind. My floor too, was empty, bar from Moriarty and Moran at the end of the corridor, lounging on the windowsill.

I sat down on my bed, brain finally back in order.

"Okay John," I began. "Think about it from Wendy's point of view. Gigi goes for her usual run, Wendy knows that. I'm not there because i need to warn Gigi about her feelings for Sherlock, but Wendy doesn't know that...but Sherlock does know, at least, as far as that i'm not there-"

My speculations were cut off by my phone beeping. It was still charging, and as i picked it up, i noticed the millions of missed calls and messages from Sherlock.

"Of course," I smiled as i found another piece of the speculatory jigsaw. "I left my phone here, and Sherlock had no idea where i was, and went to Wendy to see if she knew. Wendy jumped to the conclusion that I was with Gigi...That doesn't make sense." I reasoned, trying to imitate Sherlock's way of seeing from all angles. I thought back to last Friday, when i had my last singular conversation with Gigi. She'd been exceptionally angry at me for 'trying to stop her getting to Sherlock' and 'toying with her best friend. Her face had been red in anger, and Laura and Molly were talking to Wendy on the other side of the crowd of year nines.

"Well...I suppose she must have thought that Gigi was...blushing?" I questioned aloud. "So then she thought that we were together doing God knows what when neither me or Gigi are answering our phones." I mentally checked my theory, before actually checking the message that Sherlock sent me just now.

          Gigi broke her ankle then passed out. They're doing a couple of tests to check it was                   natural, but other than that, i'll be back within a couple of hours. Is Wendy alright? -SH

I quickly typed back an answer.

         Okay, good to know. ive recently received a hand shaped red mark on my face, so ill let              you deduce.On the plus side, although im sure u already know, i think i figured out why              Wendys so angry. -JW

As i pressed the send button, there was a light knocking. I stopped and listened, not sure whether i imagined it or not. But then it came again, a smidgen stronger.

I stood up and cautiously opened the door. Leaning helplessly against the door frame was a tear stained and puffy eyed Wendy Lin.

She smiled as best she could, and sighed."I'm such an idiot." Before breaking down completely.