Chapter 11

Tuckers point of view

              That girl from math class is odd, i don't mean to say she is weird but the way she acted around me was. She barely talked to me the first day and she unlike the other girls walked away from me. It was a new concept for me.

     Through out middle school i was becoming who i am today, but it kinda just happened to find me. I didnt try to look different of try to get taller, let alone get stronger (well maybe that i did). In elementary i was just a normal kid who just tried to blend in.

Middle school was when i started to, well i guess the best way to put it was grow. I got taller by about a foot and my blond hair got a little darker. My eyes stayed the same green and i still was a self proclaimed dork even if others didnt see it. Oh well that was their loss not mine.

High school is alittle different but not a whole lot. I mean I'm captain of the football team, Allstate quarterback and i was voted MVP (most valuable player) the last 3 years. Although I'm good at football i really enjoy baseball more. I guess its a good thing because the two sports are at different times in the semester. Football was i the fall and baseball was in the spring. There was always something to keep me busy.

the only thing that i don't like about the sports is the big deal people make over me. I cant stand when i walk into a school and there are posters saying "Good luck", "Go Tucker", or even "Tuckers our guy" it kinda makes me feel bad about it because of the other guys on the team deserve it too.

I try to tell Denise (head cheerleader) not to make them but she doesn't listen, she never has. I take down the posters slowly through out the day though, hoping people wont make more of find the ones Ive hidden and put them back up.

'summer cantels golden child?' i don't even know why they call me that I'm just a guy who pays sports. I'm not a straight A student, and I'm not in any clubs but yet they continue to call me a golden child. If anyone is its the geniuses that walk around knowing everything but no one talks to.

I wouldn't even come to school if it wasn't for sports or the fact that my dad is pushing me to finish. He wants me to go to college and major in business then come work for him, which is funny since he just owns a chain of car washes. Don't get me wrong it makes a lot of money but it is extremely boring. I want to do something different.

I've thought of being a doctor but i don't think i could stare about someone Else's body and not want to cover it back up and walk out of the room. Plus there was the fact that the room was surrounded by needles, which meant it was a no on the being a doctor track it also canceled out vet too.

Anyways there are jobs that don't require needles, perhaps lawyer, writer, actor, model (if i was really desperate) and astronaut. Lets mark them off as i go through the why not.

 Lawyer? sounds great doesn't it? well it isn't, i wouldn't be able to sit and look at legal stuff all day then turn around and talk about the legal stuff i had just read. Then the major part was that i wasn't much of an arguer, more go with the flow. so no lawyer in my future unless i need one which i hope not but if i do then i will pay someone so i don't have to get confused.