X. All Fall Down (Part I)

Start from the beginning

"We have to attend a luncheon later today." Ezra said after we were both finished with breakfast. I nodded but then stopped myself when I remembered my prior appointment.

"I can't come. I have a luncheon to attend too."

"With Lucy?" He asked and I winced as I remembered what went down in my store yesterday.

"Not exactly. An old school friend is hosting it." I shrugged.

"Cancel then." He said and I shook my head.

"Can't."

"You can. Just pick up the phone, dial the number and say you can't make it." He instructed me slowly like as if I was a baby. I narrowed my eyes at him in response. "I can't miss this either. They are family friends."

"What am I supposed to do? Lucy is a friend too." I argue my point. There is no way in hell I was bending to his will today. I still had a shred of dignity left, right?

"Clara-"

Gg Ezra started in his warning tone but I cut him off.

"Okay, I'll cancel. I never wanted to go anyways."

"I don't believe you." He said in astonishment and I looked at him with a questioning expression. "All this time you stood adamant on not cancelling when you didn't even want to go in the first place? You wasted five minutes of my precious time!"

"As if you had somewhere to be in those five minutes." I muttered.

"I did." He stated in a matter of fact tone.

"Oh yeah?"

"Could have been half way through a shower by now."

"You were eating breakfast!" I said incredulously.

"Would you rather have done something else then?" He raised an eyebrow and smirked. Instincts told me to run and hide now cause he was bringing up the topic I didn't want to let bring up.

"No..."

"Like," he continued and rounded the island to stand in front of me, "you on the bed, me on top of you-"

"Shut up, Ezra." I moved around him and he followed me.

"-you screaming my name, begging me not to stop-"

"Shut up, Ezra." I said louder and walked upstairs. There was no way I wanted to be cuffed to him right now. Speaking of which, how much time was left on that timeout?

"-like last night, when I tore your clothes off-"

"Ezra, I swear if you don't shut up, I'll-"

"-and you enjoyed every second of it."

At that precise moment, I lost it. I turned around and slapped him squarely on the cheek.

"It may have been in the throes of passion bullshit but I made a mistake screwing with you. So here's the thing, Mr. Ezra Copper or should I say, Lucifer, last night, no matter how great of a last night it was, it will be the last night it ever happened. It was a mistake. All of it. Every single second. And it won't happen again." I spun around and continued my march upstairs but then I stopped and turned to face him again. "And you know what? This just proves you can't stay celibate for more than a few days if it means you lose all control and slam someone into a wall like a fucking beast." That was when I was finally done and stormed upstairs and slammed the bedroom door to prove my point.

***

The rest of that morning passed in weird silence. We didn't utter a single word to each other but simply went about doing our activities. At first, you could feel the anger steaming out of Ezra's ears and see the fury blazing in his eyes but he did the least expected thing and didn't act on it. Even with being cuffed together, we ignored each other and didn't spare a glance the whole time.