Part 21

"C'mon, Teegan. Please cheer up." mom sighed, sitting herself down next to me. Yeah, you probably guessed I had to tell her. Who gets depressed over Spring Break?

"Why would I cheer up. There's nothing to be happy about." I sighed. I haven't left the couch, except to go to the bathroom, in a week. "There are other guys, Teegan, sweetie."  she sighed.

 "I don't want another guy, mom. I want Justin." I frowned, laying my head in her lap. She sighed and stroked my hair while humming her favorite song which just happened to be 'Pray' by none other than the person I'm trying to forget about it.

 "Mom, please don't try to make this better." I groaned, sitting back up and leaning my head against the back of the couch. She sighed and kissed the top of my head, walking into the kitchen.

 * * *

 Just as I started to doze off, there was a loud knock on the door. "Teegan, can you get that, sweetie?" mom yelled from somewhere upstairs. Probably the new gym she turned my room into.

I sighed and stood up slowly, opening the door. "Hey, baby girl!!" Kaylee yelled, wrapping me into a hug. "What the hell are you doing here? I thought you were in New York." I smiled slightly, pulling out of the hug.

 "Your mom called and said you needed some cheering up. So, we all came by." she chuckled. "We? Who's..?" I was soon cutoff by 2 smiling faces behind Kaylee.

 My cousin, Miranda and my older sister, Madaline. "How did you guys get here?" I asked, pulling them both into a hug. ''Mom called. Said you had some guy trouble. You need your sister here during times like this." Madi smiled, her gold nose ring shining as she walked inside.

 "And aren't you supposed to be getting married soon?" I asked Miranda as we all sat down on the couch. "Alex is just gonna have to wait. This is important." she smiled, wrapping her arm around me.

 * * *

 "I look like a clown." Miranda chuckled, opening her eyes just as we finished our blindfolded makeovers. "No. No clowns. I hate clowns." I muttered, closing my eyes tightly which was now difficult considering the 10 pounds of eyeliner on my eyelids and face.

 "I see someone's feeling better." mom chuckled, walking into the room, a giant box in her arms. "Yeah. Thanks." I smiled, seeing her set the box down and pull the lid off.

 "Get well soon?" I asked, seeing the large cake that sat in the box.  "Sorry. I couldn't find one that said Be Happy." she chuckled, holding a knife out and cutting into the cake. 

 "I don't like chocolate cake." I sighed, scrunching up my nose. "We don't have to eat it, Tee." Madaline chuckled, lifting her cake and shoving it in my face. I scoffed and lifted my plate just as the doorbell rang.

 "Who else is coming?" I asked, jumping up. They all shrugged and shook their heads as I ran downstairs, grabbing a tissue off of the coffee table and wiping my face off.  "If your here for the party, it's almost ov..Justin?" I studdered as I opened the door.

 "Here. You left it at my place." he sighed, holding a small box out to me.

 I raised an eyebrow, opening the box slowly. "My bracelet." I smiled, lifting it up. "I added a couple charms to it. That's why it took me soo long to return it." he smiled weakly, rocking back on his heels.

 I wiped some icing away from my eyes with the back of my hand and looked over at the new charms on the silver chain links. A heart, a J, the same green T, and then one last charm.

 An unrolled scroll with letters engraved into it. 'I love you! Take me back? Check Yes or No.'    "What about Jasmine?" I asked, flipping the bracelet around in my hands.

 "That was over the day you left." he sighed, looking over at me with hopeful eyes. I smiled slightly but, shook my head. "I'm sorry, Justin. I can't." I sighed. He stayed quiet, his expression hurt and confused.

 "I can't trust you anymore. Maybe we can start over? Just as friends?" I asked, looking up at him. He took in a breath but, nodded slowly. "If that's what you want." he sighed.

 "It is.'' I smiled weakly, feeling him wrap me into a tight hug. I sighed, hugging him back awkwardly.

 Just friends...Yeah, this is going to be harder than I thought.