Chapter 33

"So how are we going to do this, brother?"

"Why does it have to be me who should always have the answers, brother?"

"Well, my dearly beloved brother..." Luca slings his arm over Euan's shoulders. "You are supposedly always the smart one, are you not?"

Euan grunts while I chuckle at Luca's reasoning.

"Well, my supposedly always stupid brother..." The corner of Euan's lips curl up slightly, while his eyes glint of playful insult. "I just might be a genius, I will admit that." Euan winks at me while Luca snorts and rolls his eyes.

Their brotherly and frisky rudeness only makes me chuckle.

"However, I am not omniscient. Sadly."

"Well, it would have been better if you are." Luca sighs heavily but the way his eyes gleam tells me that he's still fooling around. "You would be useful at the least then."

"And you think you being such a dolt is useful?" Euan stifles a laugh.

"Well, I am omnipotent." Luca smirks. "That's why I am useful."

"Omnipotent your arse, brother." Euan smirks. "Your dick's potency can't even keep up with mine."

Euan and I start laughing boisterously while Luca's face contorts into a deep frown, annoyance evident in his features.

"Bloody hell! That was one time!" Luca yells over our hilarity. "And I was just very fatigued that time."

He scowls at our continuous laughter as if we didn't hear him speak anything.

Expect a man to take a joke on his dick and its potency seriously.

"Can we get back to business now?" Luca growls.

"Sure, brother."

Euan stifles his laughter while I reduce mine into giggles. Luca glares at the both of us.

"So, how are we going to do it?"

Instantly, Euan turns serious and seems to be deep in thought.

"I think if we reach deep enough, we might still sense the difference between her human soul and lyall." Then he turns to me, his sapphire orbs taking me in. "Mia bella, we will need you to be very earnest about this as well. We would need you to be calm and not make any movements nor unnecessary sounds. Can you do that for us?"

"Of course." I whisper without thinking twice. "But how long would it take?"

"That, we cannot be sure of." Euan replies.

"But you will do it, right love?" Luca cups my face with one hand, his thumb caressing my cheek gently. "You will do it for your us, right?"

"Of course." I look at Luca, letting him know how sincere I am with my eyes.

"Good girl." He kisses my forehead while Euan kisses my shoulder.

~

"Close your eyes and just feel what you are feeling right now."

Feel what I'm feeling?

I'm feeling calm but tense.

"Notice."

It's Euan.

But what should I notice?

"Notice what you notice."

Luca.

I'm aware of their etheric presences around me. I'm aware of the tension in my own body from forcing myself to focus.