Christmas Eve

The next morning Anna came running into my bedroom and jumped on my bed. I woke up smiling.  Seeing her happy brought a tremendous amount of joy to my life. She loved Christmas and she was overly excited that this year shed be able to share her happiness and excitement with her daddy.

"Mommy mommy wake up Corey and Mandy are gunna be here any minute and you don't have your sweater on." she shook me

Every year Corey and his daughter Amanda joined us for Christmas. We all wore ugly sweaters on Christmas eve and decorated the tree and watched movies. Corey and Amanda would stay the night and then Santa would make a joint visit to our house for Christmas.

"Alright alright I'm getting up. Did you wake your father?" I asked pulling the covers off me.

"Oh yeah" she giggled and ran out of my room.

I took a quick shower and got dressed in a pair of dark blue skinny jeans and a snowman sweater. I straightened my hair and applied  light makeup. I herd some Anna yelling and when I walked into the living room I saw it was directed at her father.

"Anna please stop hitting me" Dean sounded annoyed

"Your a meanie your ruining Christmas!" She yelled hitting his legs.

I went over and lifted Anna away from Dean.

"Anna Marie apologize to your dad right now!"

She looked up and me and blinked a few times while little tears began to fall from her eye. I took her in my arms and held her tight. After a few moments she calmed down and fell asleep. I layed her down in her bed and closed the door behind me. I went in the living room and seen dean with his face in his hands and Renee rubbing his back comforting him.

"What happened?" I asked.

Dean looked up at me I could see the hurt in his eyes. I sighed

"I should just go home this was a mistake." He mumbled before getting up and walking into the guest room.

Renee went to stand up.

"Actually Renee do you mind if I have a word with him?" I asked

She looked at me and nodded and sat back down placing her hand on her belly.

I walked into the guest room where Dean was aggressively throwing this belongings into a suitcase.

"Dean stop" I said

He didn't listen he kept tossing everything around the room.

"Dean!" I grabbed his arm and his eyes went from my hand on his arm to my face. I felt the goosebumps form on his skin. Did I give him a rush? I quickly shook those thoughts from my head.

"Heather please let go." his eyes pleeing with me.

"No not until you stop."

"Why should I stop? I'm leaving all I do is ruin things!" he said discouragingly

"Is this about Anna saying you ruined Christmas? Dean she's five! She was probably just tried and crabby you cant take everything she says to heart."

Dean sighed and sat on the bed. I sat next to him and we sat in a comfortable silence for a few minutes.

"I dont have a sweater." he lowly spoke

I turned my head towards him.

"What?" I asked confused

"I don't have a Christmas sweater. Thats why Anna got upset." he sighed while running his hands through his hair.

I laughed and he raised his eyebrow at me with a straight face.