Heaven and Hell: The Epilouge

Now, I'm assuming you want a sappy love story. A story about how Sam found a nice accountant and Dean fell for a hooker or something. Or maybe you're more of a true-to-theme kind of person, and don't want the brothers doing much but sacrificing themselves to save others, or even to save themselves. Well, I can tell you right now...those things didn't happen.
Sam and Dean hunted monsters until they were 71 and 75. You know, saving people, hunting things, the family business. Dean had a heart attack in the middle of a hunt, so Castiel and Sam took him to the nearest hospital, where he survived. He was soon evaluated and admitted to the Lawrence Kansas Assisted Living homes. Sam didn't want to hunt without him, so he decided to join him.
The first summer they were there, two 36 year old men by the name of Bobby and Charlie Sanders came to visit. The first summer, they talked, played cards, did whatever. The second summer, Dean told the two of them about monsters. About things that weren't human, things that could kill you. And then the third summer, Dean gave John's journal to Charlie. Dean and Sam taught them how to fight, how to defend themselves. They taught them how to become hunters.
One Saturday morning, Sam signed his name at the bottom of a piece of notebook paper and stuffed it onto John's journal. The note read:

Dear Bobby and Charlie,

In a few years, you'll wonder why we taught you these things. How to hunt, how to survive. You're going to wonder why we wanted to you hurt the way you will. You're going to have to make sacrifices, and sometimes they won't always pay off. But no matter what, you two have to stick together. Have each other's backs, and never leave each other behind. If you really want to hunt, you'll soon realize that the only friends and family you truly have left is each other.
Stay alive,
Sam

It would stay in John's journal for six more years. Sam and Dean died at 80 and 84, Sam a mere month and two days after Dean. They were both welcomed into Heaven by Castiel, Thomas, and Kelsey. Thomas was still figuring out what he could do with his high tier powers. Both of them left everything they still had, including the men of letters bunker, to Charlie and Bobby.
Speaking of Thomas, Kelsey, and Castiel, the three of them eventually went back up to heaven. Learning from the humans, they made heaven a democracy instead of a somewhat dictatorship. Needless to say, the first official governor was Kelsey.

And now I talk to you, the reader. Why did you pick this book in the first place? Why did you carry it around, thirsting for more? You fell in love with them, hated them, loved with them, lost with them. And now, the story is over. Well...not really. No story is ever over. Every ending is supposed to add up to something, but sometimes...they don't. Sometimes...it just doesn't. So what does this story add up to? Hard to say. But maybe it was a test. A final test for Sam and Dean, a test against good and bad, angels and demons, people and monsters, destiny, and even God and the devil himself. And through everything, they stayed together. But isn't that the whole point?
Endings are hard, no denying. But, then again, nothing ever really ends...does it?

Sincerely, your author,
Carver Edlund.