Part II: The Archangel Blade

Kelsey coughed lightly, but her breath still was visible in the darkness lit by only a few streetlights. The sun was slowly rising above the horizon, casting long shadows on Kelsey's face. Her cell phone rang, breaking the silence. An unknown number came up on the caller ID.
"Hello?" She asked the person on the other end of the line.
"Kallisandria," a man whispered, "you told me to call you if I were to get into trouble that I found a bit...unusual, correct?" His voice was rough and scratchy, Kelsey had never heard it before.
"Who is this?" She asked.
"I am in trouble," he continued without answering her, "a woman has come to visit."
Mr. Sanders, Kelsey thought.
She looked around to make sure no one was watching, and then disappeared. The next thing she saw was a field. She was standing on an old paved road. Where it met the grass, the pavement crumbled into the dirt. Not seeing anything here, she turned around and was greeted with a sight she never thought that she would see: Mr. Sanders, laying on the ground, and Zoe standing over him with an angel blade. At the sound of Kelsey's shoes hitting the ground, Zoe turned around.
"You wanna fight someone?" Kelsey muttered, "pick on someone your own size."
"Do you mean yourself?" Zoe asked, turning her attention away from Mr. Sanders. "Because I seriously doubt that you're stronger than me."
"You are stronger than me," Kelsey agreed, "you're stronger than I ever hope to be. You had the strength to go over to Lucifer's side, and I know that you're strong enough to come back." Zoe turned her whole body to face her, crossing her arms. "Guess what? I'm one of the few people that know that the blade you have is an archangel blade, the only thing that can kill Lucifer. And you know just as well as I do that if Lucifer finds out about that blade you're going to die. So you can either come over to our side, give me the blade, or die. Your choice."
And with that, Kelsey gave Zoe no time to answer; she disappeared, along with Mr. Sanders. Zoe made no attempt to go after them.
When Kelsey appeared back in the alley, Mr. Sanders had already gotten to his feet. He held a gun in his shaking hands.
"Tell me who you are," he demanded, "now. Or...or I'll shoot!"
"Jakob, you don't want to do that," Kelsey told him, stepping closer, "it's not gonna do anything."
"How did you know my name?" He breathed heavily. Kelsey inched forward, which he yelled, "Stay back," he paused, his breath filling the air. "please, I don't want to hurt you."
Kelsey reached out and tried to grab the gun from his shaking hand, and he fired. The bullet went into her chest, and blood was dripping down her top. He dropped his gun, and it clattered on the ground.
"You--you hardly flinched." Jakob stuttered. "Who are you? What are you?"
"I'm an angel," Kelsey told him, "and my name is Kelsey. I can't be killed by a gun. That thing that you saw back there, that was another angel. That angel was working with a group of demons." He narrowed his eyes. "Are you religious?" She asked.
"Yes," he quickly responded.
"Then you know about Lucifer, yes?" He nodded. "That's who she's working with," Kelsey continued, "and who I'm working against."
"An angel?" He asked. He pulled at his short hair with his hands. "This is crazy," he muttered to himself, "this can't be real."
"Actually," Kelsey interrupted, "it's not that far fetched. I've seen worse. Now," she said, changing the subject, "would you like to go home?"
"Yes," he nodded, "please."
Kelsey waved her hand over her wound and it was immediately gone. She wrapped her left arm around Jakob's torso, and they vanished.
They reappeared in front of a house in the middle of two streetlights. The white driveway curled around to the side of the house, meeting the closed garage door. The front door was red with an ornate, silver knocker, and the two windows to the right and a single one to the left were completed with black shingles. Two small shrubs on each side of the house were slightly overgrown, just out of the way of the floodlights. The only lights inside the house were the miniature lights coming  through the window from the Christmas tree.
"This is your house?" Kelsey asked.
Jakob nodded.
"It's very beautiful." She added. "Your wife and children must love you very much."
"I actually don't have kids," he told Kelsey, "but, yes, most of the time, my wife does love me very much."
"What do you mean?" Kelsey asked.
"Well," he replied, "we fight a lot. But that aside, it's a very happy marriage."
"That's wonderful," Kelsey smiled, "I better let you get to her, Jakob. Call if you need." She turned around and walked down the driveway. "Oh," she added, "and you don't need a cell phone to call me. With the whole 'Angel' thing and all that."
Jakob smiled and opened his garage door. Kelsey made it to the end of the driveway, then disappeared. Jakob saw a light at the end of his driveway, like the start of a fire at the ending of a lighter. He ran towards it, but the fire extinguished before he got to the end of the driveway. What he was left with was a single charred, black feather.