XV.

"Wow," Sam smiled, "how long have you known, Mr. Sanders?"
"Less than a week," he replied, smiling, "although my wife and I have been talking about it for years."
"Talking about what?" Kelsey asked, who had just walked into the living room.
"Mrs. Sanders is pregnant." Sam answered for him. "With twins."
"I'm happy for you," Kelsey told Jakob, "really."
"In 8 months, I'm gonna be a dad!" He was giddy with excitement. "8 months!"
"Are you okay, Zoe?" Kelsey asked in a hushed voice. Zoe was sitting on the couch, her hands running through her hair. The archangel blade sat on the coffee table in front of her.
"Yeah," she replied, "I used to be afraid of what Lucifer would do to me for coming to your side. To the side I was meant to be on. Now, I don't care. He can kill me, he can torture me, I don't care. All angels were made with a purpose. Mine was this. Opening hell. Putting Malphas and Lucifer back where they belong."
"Just so you know," Kelsey started, "your job isn't finished."
"Yeah," Zoe looked down at the ground, "I know."
"Hey Kelsey," Sam yelled from across the room, "come here."
Kelsey stood up, leaving Zoe alone on the couch, and went over to Sam, who was standing off to the side.
"What'd you need?" She asked.
"Are you sure bringing Jakob here was the best thing to do?" Sam whispered. "He's got 2 kids on the way, and Zoe called him a hunter, which probably means that he's a target for Malphas and Lucifer. It doesn't matter that she switched over, she still could have been spying on us before. Who knows what else she's told them."
"Sam," she argued, "it's not like I forced him into it."
"Well it's not like he asked to become one by himself now, did he?" Sam retorted. When Kelsey didn't answer, he continued. "He had to get information from somewhere. He doesn't know the danger of being a hunter, Kelsey."
"Well it's not like we can pull him back now, Sam," she said, looking at Jakob. "is it?"
Sam stayed silent.
"That's what I thought."
"Where did you even meet him at?"
"That restaurant where I cut the wires," she explained, "I gave him my number if he got into trouble that he didn't quite understand. One day, he called. I came to him, and Zoe had apparently tracked him down and almost killed him." Kelsey was looking at Zoe the whole time she was explaining it to Sam. "I still don't know why."
"This maybe?" Sam asked. He pulled a crumpled up piece of paper out of his jacket pocket and smoothed it out. It was the letter from Malphas. Kelsey read over it and looked back up at Sam.
"This is why Jenkins and Andrew died." She concluded. "These murders, they're senseless. Meaningless. And we can't give up, not now."
He sighed. "I know."
"Get some sleep Sam. We can talk more about it in the morning."
Sam, followed by Dean, headed off to his bedroom.
"Goodnight, guys." She yelled down the hallway.
During the night, Kelsey heard a noise in the living room. She ran down the dark hallway, turned the lamp on, and saw a last glimpse of the door closing, and Zoe's face looking back at her. She ran towards the door and opened it up, but saw no one around. The kitchen and living room looked undisturbed. Kelsey walked over to the couch and found the three blankets that she had been using folded up and stacked on top of each other on the chair directly across from her.
Why would Zoe want to leave in the middle of the night?
Then, Kelsey saw it. Rather, it was what she didn't see. The archangel blade that was sitting on the coffee table a few hours ago was gone.
"Zoe took the angel blade," she said out loud, "she isn't on our side."
"Kelsey?" She heard a voice from behind her say.
When she turned around, she saw Claire, Castiel, and Thomas, walking into the foyer.
"What are you doing out here?" Castiel asked.
"Zoe's gone." She told them instantly. "So is the archangel blade. She lied to us."
"Hold on." Claire told them.
She rummaged through a drawer in the room filled with bookshelves where she finally pulled out a small, yellow notepad. She grabbed a pen sitting on the tabletop and wrote:

Be back in a few hours. Sorry.
XOXO, Claire; Castiel; Thomas; Kelsey

She set the pen down on top of the notepad and said, "let's go. She can't run from us forever."