XIII.

"Kelsey," Dean started, "why were you at the restaurant?"
"Well, long story short, I knew that Lucifer and Malphas were headed to the bunker. With the tension between us, I knew I couldn't just barge in and tell you not to go back, you'd think something was up." At this, Sam slid his eyes at Dean. Kelsey continued. "So I cut the wires, knowing you were going to tell Andrew and Jenkins to go get new ones, so they would be away from the bunker. It's not like I wanted them to rob the place, but it'd be better than Andrew and Jenkins dying."
"Not that it did much help to that."
Kelsey tightened her jaw. "Dean, I have to break something to you. It's going to be literally impossible to get Michael out of the cage. Now I don't mean 1% chance. I mean 0%. A negative chance if that's even possible. When Sam was pulled out, his soul was left behind, and Death eventually retrieved it. Death was the only one who could go freely into Lucifer's cage. Dean killed Death, so now no one can go back and forth between Lucifer's cage." Sam sighed.
"But don't worry," she looked up at him, "those prophecy things are never wrong. It just means that the person that shouldn't be in hell, the person we have to release in order for hell to open, it's not Michael."
Silence fell over the bunker. To Kelsey, angel radio had never been so busy, yet so quiet.
"Kelsey," Sam's voice is echoed in her head.
"Sam," she replied, "you need to stop doing that until we can figure out why you can in the first place."
"That's the thing," he started, "I figured it out."
"What?" Kelsey asked. "How?"
"Whatever Malphas did to me the first time she was around," he began, "it was almost like I was an angel. But she's back again, and more powerful than before. So what if I've become more powerful? Not quite like an angel, but I'm telepathic now."
"I guess it could happen," she finally agreed, "it's not likely, but also not impossible."
Kelsey sighed, not saying anything else to Sam.
"I'll be right back." Kelsey said out loud.
She went down the hallway to the bathroom, shut the door, and locked it. On the other side of the bathroom, she slid up the tiny window and crawled out. She stood up in the tall grass and disappeared.
Kelsey reappeared in front of the perfect house. A man was standing out in the cold with a blue bathrobe on.
"Jakob," she started, smiling, "you aren't in any danger. I assume you're ready for me to tell you the story."
"Yes," he responded, "if I'm going to fight alongside Sam and Dean Winchester, I'll have to know what the price is. Just like you said."
"Alright," she started, "this will take a while. Shall we go somewhere more comforting?"
"I think so." he answered.
They were both instantly taken to a room with 2 red cushioned chairs and a warm fireplace.
"We're here," Jakob started, "how did you know?"
"How did I know that this is--was--your grandmother's sitting room? You simply told me. It was the place you most desire to go. Now," she continued, grabbing a white mug from the table in between them, "shall we begin?"
Jakob nodded, taking his mug, too.
"The first thing you need to know is that Sam and Dean are two brothers, the sons to Mary Campbell and John Winchester. Their mom died when Dean was four, and Sam only six, in a house fire caused by a demon. Their dad died when both boys were in their twenties."
Taking it all in, Jakob took a sip of hot tea out of his mug.
"Well," she sighed, "let's start with a man that many, including myself, would argue that he deserved the title of 'dad' more than John Winchester did. His name is Robert Singer. Bobby for short. Whenever John Winchester was on a job, a hunting job, Sam and Dean were too small to come along, and Bobby Singer would be there. And, when John finally died, he was the first hunter they would call. He died because he was shot in the head by a leviathan, these ancient, primordial monsters, as well as God's very first beasts. He died saving Winchesters."
"And they defeated the leviathans?"
"Yes," she replied, "and I believe that it's from his sacrifice."
"He must've loved them very much."
"Yes, he did. In fact, his happiest memory was Sam and Dean fighting over the pure concept of licorice."
Jakob smiled.
Kelsey readjusted, took a drink from her mug, and continued. "The other hunter I want to make you aware of is Celeste Middleton, better known to most as Charlie Bradbury. She's very special. Special because she wasn't born a hunter at all. She was an IT girl and Richard Roman Enterprises, before she helped Sam and Dean with the leviathans. She was hunted by the leviathans, so she had to change her identity. She moved to Michigan, where she pursued hunting without the help of Sam and Dean. She's been through many things. Two broken arms, her good and bad being two separate beings, and, finally, her death. She stole the book of the damned from the Styne family. She had been working on a translation to remove the mark of Cain from Dean's arm, all while being tracked by the Stynes. She was traced to a hotel room and killed by Eldon Styne, but not before sending a translation to Sam and Dean through an email."
"She was fighting for something." Jakob looked over at the fire, thinking about Charlie. "What was it?"
"At first," Kelsey replied, "it was her mother. A woman kept alive only by life support. Then, it became the Winchesters. She loved them like brothers, and, as she proved, would do anything for them."
"She was very brave," Jakob concluded, "she sounds like she was a wonderful person."
"She was," Kelsey said, "and that's what you will have to be. You'll have to be like Bobby and Charlie. You have to be willing so sacrifice yourself, and be brave. Are you ready to become a hunter, Mr. Sanders?"
He stared into her eyes, taking a few seconds to answer. "Yes."