XII.

"Kelsey," Dean muttered, putting the angel blade down at his side, "why've you been following us?"
"Okay," she replied, "first of all, I haven't been following you. I've been keeping my eye on you. And why? Oh, I don't know, maybe Lucifer? Second of all," she continued, "tell me, how are you expecting to kill Lucifer without an archangel blade? Because if you have a better idea, Dean, please share."
Dean let go of Kelsey's shoulders and backed away. "Zoe has the archangel blade."
"Oh," Kelsey responded, "good job, Dean, I think monkeys could figure it out faster. But I know where she is. And you obviously don't, because you're here. They moved a few nights ago, right after she called me."
"She called you?" Claire asked. "Why?"
"She wanted us to surrender. I told her that wasn't going to happen any time soon."
"So you're still on our side?" Sam asked hopefully.
"Why wouldn't I be?" She smiled.
"Wait." Dean held is arm out, separating Kelsey from the rest of them. "Just because she's on our side doesn't mean anything. She was on our side when she tried to kill us, too."
Kelsey closed her eyes. What is she doing? Sam thought. Her smile broke down to a look of fear, and when she opened her eyes again, her expression had changed completely. She slid her eyes at Thomas, who nodded back at her.
"We need to get back to the bunker," she ordered, "now."
"I'll go with her," Thomas stepped forward.
"Kelsey," Dean asked, "what's going on?"
"I can't explain now," she shook her head, "we just need to go."
Thomas quickly grabbed her hand. Sam ran towards them, grabbed on to Thomas' free hand.
Sam ran towards them. "Sam!"
They disappeared, despite Dean's protests of Sam going along.
Sam was sucked into darkness. His insides were turning to mush; he could barely breathe. Just when he felt like every particle in his body was being ripped apart, the darkness faded and they were standing in front of the bunker.
"Did you see what I saw?" Kelsey asked Thomas.
"Yeah." He clenched his jaw.
The door to the bunker stood open. Thomas, Kelsey, and Sam ran inside. They covered their noses, instantly overwhelmed by the smell of sulfur. Sam caught a last glimpse of Lucifer's face and Malphas' red and black hair. Within half a second, they had turned and vanished.
The bunker was completely destroyed. Pages were torn out of books, which were lying open, some face down and some face up, on the ground. Bookcases laid broken on the ground. The table and chairs in the dining room were flipped over. Glass lamps were ripped out of the wall sockets and sat broken on the floor.
Despite everything, nothing caught their attention more than what had crushed the coffee table, and what was slumped over the arm of the couch.
Jenkins and Andrew.
Andrew's eyes were burned out, his skin looked like charcoal. His wings spread out on the floor from the coffee table where he lay, going into the kitchen. The table gave out from his weight, so the splinters of the broken wood poked into his back. An angel blade stuck out of his chest.
Jenkins was much more brutal. His torso, back, legs, and face were slashed. He was laying in a pool of his own blood, which was drying quickly.
There was a small sheet of lined paper sitting on the floor between them. In swirly handwriting were the words:

You can't win, Sam. Dean. If you continue to think that you will, mortals and angels will die. More and more each day. Starting with the ones closest to you. Until everyone you love, everyone you've spoken to, everyone you've associated yourselves with, is gone. You know the right choice, Winchesters.

Malphas

Sam read over it, tears in his eyes, and crumpled it up in his hand. Dean, followed by Claire and Castiel, ran through the open door. They both stopped in their tracks when they saw Andrew and Jenkins. Sam looked up at Dean, and he saw him shaking. Dean's jaw tightened up as he walked down the stairs and past them.
While Thomas, Claire, Castiel and Kelsey cleaned up the bunker, Sam and Dean wrapped Jenkins and Andrew, separately, in white bedsheets. Outside, they made a large pallet out of the spare branches from the ground around the bunker. Sam doused gasoline over them and helped Dean put Andrew and Jenkins on top of it. Dean lit a match and dropped it down onto the pallet. It instantly went up in flames, reaching high into the sky.
"Wow," Sam muttered, "I'm gonna miss 'em."
"Me too, Sammy...me too."