XIX.

"I think we should take this somewhere more...private...don't you?"
"Doesn't matter to me," Kelsey replied, "I don't mind a crowd."
Sam, out of the corner of his eye, saw the very top of the archangel blade go from Castiel's sleeve to Kelsey's.
"Alright then," he smiled, "shall we?"

Kelsey stood in an all white room. White walls, a white floor and a white ceiling. There were no windows, only a set of double doors that were being hit on.
"What's-"
"In there?" Lucifer completed, looking at the doors. "Sam, Dean, Thomas, Castiel. I think that was all that's left."
"And the rest?"
"Still back at the barn."
"Why did you bring me here," Kelsey asked, "of all places?"
"Memories sake." He answered. "This is the room you were born in, and the room you'll die in. Hopefully." He smiled to himself. "How do you feel about the odds?"
"I feel like you can't beat me," Kelsey said confidently, "that you're too cocky to really get anything done."
"And why's that?" He asked.
"People call you the devil," she narrowed her eyes, "but you're really just a glorified angel that didn't get what he wanted so he threw a big temper tantrum."
They kept pounding at the door.
"Kelsey!" Sam's yell was muffled.
"Nicely said," Lucifer agreed, "I seem to get that a lot."
"What I don't get," Kelsey continued, "is why you broke into the bunker to steal a few books and a key. What was the key for?"
More banging.
"Well," Lucifer smiled, "you didn't think the great room of Kallisandria would open because I said so," he smiled, "did you?" He stepped closer to her. "God trusted it with those arrogant Winchesters, I guess, that's why he put it in that envelope, didn't he?"
Images flashed in her mind. The envelope in the locker to Dean. A key. It had a key inside, a key that Kelsey didn't know what it went to, so she just left alone, put it back in the envelope after she took everything else out. Sam putting it on an empty spot on a bookshelf when they got back.
Were they getting louder behind that door?
"Fine, Lucifer," she finally broke, "you wanna fight? Let's fight. The final fight," she reached inside her pocket, "the final chapter."
"Kelsey!"
"You know what I'm going to love most about killing you?" He asked.
They kept beating on the door; the glass was going to shatter any second.
"Because the look on Sam Winchester's face when he finally breaks that door..." he sighed. "That'll be one to be talked about it hell for months." He laughed. "The mortal that fell for the angel, the true vessel of Lucifer, and the angel who turned out to be Kallisandria, the teacher of Lucifer. Oh, and when I kill you," he narrowed his eyes, "oh, won't that be sweet."
Kelsey pulled out the archangel blade, and Lucifer his regular angel blade. They were ready to fight when another Kelsey came up from behind Lucifer with an angel blade. He turned just in time to swing around and stab Kelsey. She looked up at Lucifer, tears filling her eyes, then he let go of her, and she fell to the ground with a blade sticking out of her chest.
"Kelsey!"
"You always told me to watch my back, Kallisandria. I've learned from you," he shook his head, "I know what you'll do even before you do, you taught me to know that. And a simple illusion isn't going to fool anyone."
The illusion Kelsey stood staring forward as the Kelsey on the ground struggled to breathe. Lucifer reached down and put his hand under her head. With his other free hand, he gripped the Angel blade and twisted it in her abdomen.
Light erupted from her entire being. It filled the room, overtook everything inside, the white glow was so intense that Lucifer felt heat from it.
"Kelsey!"
The glass door finally shattered into a million tiny pieces on the ground. Sam, Dean, Thomas, and Castiel crashed through and stumbled into the room.
They were too late.
As the light died down, they saw the black shadow of Kelsey's wings burned into the white floor, going up on the wall, and almost overlapping on the center of the ceiling.