IX.

They had been waiting in the parking lot for about 10 minutes before Thomas quickly opened the door to the back seat, rushed out, and threw up in the grass surrounding the parking lot.
Sam turned his head. "What the-"
"I thought angels didn't get sick," Dean interrupted.
"They don't," Claire got out of the car.
"Then why is he-"
"I don't know," she rushed toward him, putting her hand on him, "Thomas!"
He looked up at her, wiping his mouth on his sleeve. He sighed. "I'm okay."
"No, Thomas," she shook her head, "you're not." Her eyes suddenly widened. "Guys," she turned, "get back."
Thomas looked up at Claire, who suddenly understood what was happening. Shaking, he stood up. A light erupted from the center of his chest, extending out and engulfing him, causing Sam, Dean, Castiel, and Claire to shield their eyes. When the light died down, Claire looked up at him.
"Thomas," she smiled, "you were next in line for Cole. You're a high tier angel."

"Thanks, Jenkins," Sam told him, "Andrew, you too."
When Dean was finally done putting the finishing touches on the impala, he got back into the drivers seat. Sam shook Jenkins' hand and got into the passenger side just as Dean revved the engine.
"We'll see you back at the bunker," Dean yelled at Andrew, who was sitting in the passenger side of the truck that Jenkins was driving. "It's about a fifteen minute drive from here. Just follow us, I guess."
Jenkins nodded, and his engine roared to life. The impala pulled out, followed by the rusty truck, and drove down the long, twisty road headed to the bunker.
"Do you really think Kelsey did it, Dean?" Castiel asked. "Why would she want to do something like that? Sabotage us like that?"
"I dunno," Dean replied, "but...I just...I feel like we just can't trust her. Not necessarily because she's a bad person, but because she might be doing something bad thinking its for the best. That's what most angels do."
Castiel sighed.
A few minutes later, they finally reached the bunker. Dean unlocked the door and entered first, followed by Sam, then Castiel, Thomas, Claire, and finally Andrew and Jenkins.
"Ah," Dean sighed, "home sweet home."
"Not quite," Thomas argued, "something's..missing."
Dean looked at Claire. "That super sense come with the high tier package or something?"
Claire shrugged.
He looked around at everything in the room. "A book." He finally said. "From that bookshelf." He pointed to a tall bookshelf shoved against the wall. And, there it was, on the third row, a tiny space between two books where one used to be. "I can't tell if anything else has been taken, sorry."
"Kelsey," Dean sighed, obviously frustrated.
"Would you stop blaming every bad thing on Kelsey?" Sam retorted.
"Then who did it?"
"There are demons and other angels that would love to get their hands on the countless books in here. But, oh, you just automatically go to Kelsey."
"Well let's see," Dean argued, "she led us on almost a week long road trip so we could go up to heaven where she would've killed us."
"She didn't know she had a choice, Dean."
"There's always a choice. I don't care what you do in your life, there's always a choice between what you should do and what is easier to do. And no matter how hard you wanna pick the easy way out, you have to do what's right."
The whole bunker was silent. All eyes were fixed on Sam and Dean.
"Well," Sam started, "what happens when you think you were doing the right thing and didn't realize that it wasn't exactly a Hero's Decision?"
"You think Kelsey's a hero? Well," he smiled at the ground, "newsflash, Sammy.? She used us. All of us. I wouldn't call her a hero."
Sam was silent. No one dared to move.
"Fighting isn't going to help, you two." Claire finally spoke up. "It's only going to make things worse. We've got to find out a way to put Malphas and Lucifer back in hell...permanently. And we can't do that with you two fighting about every little thing."
Sam sighed and sat back down.
Thomas went over to the bookshelf to inspect the spot where the book was missing. He pulled out the books that were beside the hole, looked at the title, and slid them back on the bookshelf.
"The book that's missing is called 'Et Diabolus Finitur,'" he started, "or 'The Death of the Devil.' Which doesn't explicitly give information on how to kill Lucifer, but gives enough to at least get a good start."
"'The Death of the Devil'?" Sam asked. "Charming. So does that mean that whoever broke into the bunker is on our side?"
"Not necessarily," Thomas responded, "someone on Lucifer's side could've taken it so we wouldn't have the information. But they forgot one thing." he added.
"Which is?" Sam asked.
"The author is in this room."
"Jenkins?" He asked.
"Yes," Jenkins finally spoke up, sighing, "many, many years ago, and with..." he sighed, "many years of research, I finally found a way. Long story short, you'll need a lamina archangeli, or an Archangel Blade. If I'm not mistaken, I think I saw the angel, Zoe, with one. I suggest you get it quickly, before Lucifer finds it."
"So on top of all this," Claire asked, "we still have to open up hell, pull Michael out of the cage, and kill Malphas?"
"Looks like it," Dean replied, "and it's not gonna be easy."