VI.

Dean and Sam walked into the same diner that Kelsey left just over an hour ago. "Dean," Sam said, looking around, "we've seen a lot of stuff, but this is gruesome. This has to be the work of-"
"Malphas," Castiel finished, "and probably Lucifer, too."
Sam looked around at the carnage. The only sign of life was Dean and himself. Human bodies were strewn about the floor, tables were knocked over, and a single flickering light hanging from the ceiling, which was the only source of light they had, not including the setting sun outside. There wasn't a place on the black and white tiles that weren't red. Sam stepped in blood as he walked over to the demon slumped on the legs of a chair, eyes no longer black, and the handcuffs still around her wrists.
"Wake Me Up Before You Go" was still playing through the almost-broken jukebox speakers, which were covered in blood splatter and a stray handprint. Dean hit it roughly once on top of it, and it stopped immediately.
"Sam," Dean said breaking the silence, "we've gotta find Lucifer, and Malphas, and even Zoe if that's possible. I say it is, since they're working together."
"So we're just not going to do anything about this?" Sam asked.
"What do you expect to do, Sam," Castiel replied for Dean, "the reapers have already been."
"I dunno," Sam answered, "something. We can't just leave them here like this."
"So what are you suggesting," Dean asked, "a hunter's funeral?"
"Yeah," Sam replied, "a massive one."
And with that, Dean went behind the counter and got a beer and a dry dishrag. Sam and Castiel got the two cans of gasoline and a lighter from the trunk of the impala. Castiel went up and doused the roof, Sam doused the inside and Dean sat on a rocking chair, outside, finishing his beer. He finished right around the time that Sam and Castiel did, so he stood up and walked over to the impala with them. Sam dipped the rag in the remaining gasoline, and Castiel handed him the lighter. He stuffed about half the rag into the mouth of the bottle, leaving the other half hanging down. The flames from the lighter engulfed the brown, dirty rag, and Sam quickly threw it at the diner, which immediately went up in flames. Surprisingly enough, the trees surrounding the diner didn't catch fire, but the flames came from the upper windows like it was never going to stop. They all got back into the impala and drove down the paved road, back to the bunker.

"I see they fixed the door," Sam said as they pulled up to the entrance.
Dean took the keys out of the ignition and stepped out. He walked through the doorway as Sam and Castiel followed.
"Really?" They walked into a conversation between Andrew and Claire, with Thomas watching over Jenkins as he slept. "So the rumors are true?" Claire asked.
"What rumors?" Dean interrupted.
"Cole was killed," Andrew explained, after a moments hesitation, "probably by Lucifer, if I had to guess. You know how he came back here for, like, a day, and the next morning, he was gone?" Sam and Dean nodded. "Apparently he went to try and stop Lucifer from being released, when he was stabbed by either Malphas, Zoe, or even Lucifer himself, we're not too sure yet."
Jenkins, at this point, began to snore, loudly. Thomas looked slightly panicked, and Sam thought, when he went over to Castiel, he heard him ask, "how do you stop it?" in which Castiel shrugged.
A few minutes later, when he finally got Jenkins to quiet down, Sam told them all about what happened at the diner. When he finished, he added, "and, personally, I think Kelsey should come back."
"No," Dean said instantly, "not happening. And why are you so sure we can trust her whatsoever?"
"Dean," he replied, "we can trust her. It's not like she isn't on the same side as us."
"There were surveillance cameras in the diner, they were in the back room. I watched through them," he explained, "and two filmed the whole thing. And it shows Lucifer and Zoe and Malphas coming in and killing all those people, then chaining a demon to a chair at the bar. Then, Kelsey comes in, kills the demon, and walks outside. The surveillance cameras didn't catch what was going on outside, so I don't know what she did from there."
"Why would Kelsey want to kill a random demon?" Claire asked.
"I don't know," Sam answered, "it probably wasn't just a demon, if I had to guess. She probably knew them somehow."
"I don't care what she did, Sam," Dean looked up at him, "I still can't trust her."