VIII.

"She looked familiar," Sam thought, "she looked so familiar."
Sam and Dean's food finally came; the rest of them just sat there until they finished.
"Dean," Sam finally spoke up, "did you know that girl? The one sitting over there?"
"With that creepy guy?" He asked, then added, "No. Why?"
"I just...thought I did. I dunno, I guess she just looked a lot like...someone I knew from college."
"No," Sam thought, "she looked like Charlie with blonde hair."
"Keep dreaming, Sammy," Dean said, finishing the last of his pancakes. "We ready?"
"Yeah," Sam wiped his mouth with his napkin and slid out of the booth, Dean right behind him. He took out his wallet, found a 5 and a 10 dollar bill, and sat it on top of the receipt.
The five of them went out to the impala, and Dean put the keys in the ignition. He turned the key, but the engine refused to start. He tried again, with the same results.
"Dean," Castiel asked, "what's going on with the car?"
"That's what I'm about to find out," he answered, getting out of the impala.
Dean opened the hood and looked at the engine. Nothing wrong. Then, out of the corner of his eye, saw a group of cut wires near the very front of the car.
"Son of a..." Dean muttered as he walked back to the drivers side.
"What happened?" Sam asked.
"Someone cut the wires," Dean explained.
"I would say it had something to do with that girl," Claire whispered, "because she wasn't just a normal person."
"What do you mean?" Dean asked.
"I know she was an angel," Claire explained, "but I don't know what his or her name was. That means she was blocking out all other angel's signals, and the only kind of angel that could do that is a high tier, or a super strong mid-tier. It could be anyone from Arlo, a high tier angel that mostly stays in heaven, or it could be Lucifer."
"What if it's Kelsey?" Dean asked. When Sam gave him a look of offense, he added, "don't act like her cutting the wires is impossible, Sam. She may not be on our side anymore, we can't be sure."
"Oh, you can't be sure, Dean?" Sam asked. "So you think, after she spent all her life dedicated to fighting against Lucifer, she's going to join him just because you made her angry?"
And with that, Dean was left silent.
Sam took out his phone and called Jenkins, who was with Andrew back at the bunker.
"Yes?" He answered.
"Hey, Jenkins," Sam started, "I need you to make a trip to the hardware store, and then the..." he paused to look at the name of the diner. "Armada's Diner." He got out and went over to inspect the damage on the wires. "I'm sending you a picture right now."
"I got it, Sam," Jenkins replied, "thank you. We'll be there in a few minutes."
Jenkins hung up the phone, so Sam put his phone in his jacket pocket and went back to the car.

Jenkins and Andrew had locked and angel-proofed the doors. But they were no match for Malphas and Lucifer. Not even 20 minutes after they had left, Malphas and Lucifer appeared in front of the door to the bunker. Zoe had decided to stay at the warehouse. Malphas picked the lock, instead of her usual route of breaking the door. The door creaked open to silence.
"Winchesters?" She said loudly. Her voice echoed throughout the bunker. "They were coming back from the restaurant, they should have been here by now," she suggested to Lucifer. "Oh well. The less work I have to do, the better."
"Work?" Asked Lucifer. "What do you mean, work?"
"We no longer have use for the Wichesters, yes? I'm not going to go hunting them, but if they do, by chance, cross my path, I'll kill them. I'll put them in hell myself."
She raised her hands, and everything was thrown against the wall. The furniture, bookshelves, and books flew through the air to the opposite side of the room and made a resounding crash to the ground.
However, a few things were floating in midair. They were seemingly meaningless items, things like a book or an old key. But, to Malphas, they meant so much more. She held her hand out, and they key fell into her palm. The book and another object, a small journal, was still floating above their heads. Lucifer raised his hand to catch the two remaining objects and closely inspected them.
"Is this the book that I think it is?" He asked. "The only book in existence, written by Peter Jenkins himself, that discloses certain important information?"
"What else would it be? And that crappy journal that's falling apart in your hands as we speak, that's-"
"The journal of John Winchester, I realize. Not much of a heartfelt journal." he added, flipping quickly through it. "But useful still."
They both turned around and walked out. When the door slammed shut, everything went back to exactly the way it was, minus a journal, a book, and a key. Outside, Malphas and Lucifer vanished, he only trace of them left behind being a few leaves that had been crushed under their shoes.