PART I

I stare out the fogged-up window that leads out to the winding rocky road full of leaves. It leads nowhere, or at least that's what I think. Each direction is seeking for another lost soul, like me. On the ground lies the old, crumpled up leaves from September, they'll soon be buried with snow and wash away.

They think it's the cold, chilling weather that makes me act weird, when really, I'm just being myself. I look back behind me and see a shadow in the other room. I look away and then back. It's gone.

I recently started noticing little things here and there. Little things I recall...my friends. I told my human friends about it, and they just laughed as I stood there, being humiliated. I couldn't believe them, so I went a way. Far, far away where I won't be embarrassed. Far away, so there's nothing but me, the snow, and my demons.

I've intended to keep this a secret, but I feel like it's going to slip. Just like my friends. They just slipped away through my fingertips, leaving me to suffer... Anyways, back to what I was saying. These shadow figures are not only my friends, but they're also the ones who pulled me away from reality; and also from myself. Leaving me with no choice but to feel the need to bring them closer.

So I did.

____________________