After all the boy had longed for her since preschool. It would be like winning the Nobel prize for him if Rose had decided to date him.

"That's until I realized how clinging he was." She scrunched her nose, "I mean the sex was good but he's turning into a stalker and that is not attractive," She flipped her long blonde locks over her shoulder in frustration and a few strands got caught in my mouth. I pulled a disgusted face as I removed the hair from my face.

I gagged at the taste of strawberry shampoo.

Don't be fooled by the name, it tasted rancid.

Oblivious to the fact she just shoved her hair in my mouth she continued "And anyway I like someone else,"

I raised a brow at this new information "Who?"

Rose had a tendency of changing boys like the weather. It made me feel dizzy trying to keep up with her new affections.  If a boy paid attention to her for more than a second they were instantly on her hit list. God forbid if she ever marries, the poor man will have to keep her on a leash.

I'm not suggesting that my best friend was a slut. You may already have that assumption. But she's not. Rose was a firm believer in inequality. She always said if guys can do it, why can't girls? Why do guys get labelled a legend if they sleep around but if a girl did the same, they'd be called a whore?

When she goes off on a tangent on the subject I usually zone out. I've had the conversation a million times before with her. I could probably recite her speech word for word.

I didn't think she'd still like you know who, I thought maybe after his rejection she'd get over it.

"How can you not know who?" She stared down at me looking as if I've turned into an Avatar.

"I don't know?" I shrugged. Her new target could be anyone from the boy in the coffee shop who gave her a warm smile to the guy she sits next to in History. You never know with Rose.

"Who have I been obsessing over for weeks?"

"You obsess about a lot of people," That caused a scowl to be directed at me. I stifled a laugh at her reaction. If looks could kill I'd be ten feet under.

"Sometimes I think you are the girl on the moon," She smiled as we passed a group of boys hovering by their lockers and I mentally rolled my eyes at their reactions.

She wasn't the bloody Queen. Close your mouths!

"It's the man on the moon," I corrected her realizing what she had just said "And that doesn't make any sense Rose,"

"Whatever," She brushed it off before continuing "I like a certain soccer player,"

I stared at her blankly, as if that was supposed to help my search "There's a lot of people on the team,"

I wished she'd stop talking in riddles and come out and say it. I was starting to get fed up with the topic after all she'd only forget about him next week.

"Oh for god sake I like Brody," The words came out in a stream of frustration and I felt my breath hitch in my throat at her confession.

Oh shit.

"But you said you didn't care that he turned you down? And that you were a boss ass bitch that didn't need a manwhore?" My voice sounded strained so I coughed to clear my throat. I couldn't have her suspicious.