A Teenage Love Affair: Chapter 45- As Long As You Love Me

I didn’t know how I got home. But I found myself in my bed and watching the ceiling like a storm cloud of thumbtacks would appear and rain on me. But then it didn’t come as I expected it to. So I shut my eyes, blocked the thought away. I wish I could just shut down my heart since I can’t do something about its aching.

I realized that I haven’t entirely known Marky like I thought I did. I felt betrayed. But then bygones be bygones. Maybe that’s why he didn’t tell me about his exes. I’ve known Rein to be his ex. But why do I feel so bothered about his exes? I’m not scared to be one of them, aren’t I? Still, I think I have every right to know about these girls who corrupted—I mean invaded his heart in a way that maybe I did too. Although I do feel like I’m not sure if we’re really “in a relationship” status.

I still stand to think that I have every right to know.

The door clicked open and Rein’s heels cross the room. I opened my eyes as she sat on her bed.

“I bet he already told you about It.” she says. I looked back at the ceiling. Still, there are no storm clouds forming. Except for some stupid liquid in my eyes called tears.

“Barely talked about her really.” I sighed. “He blocked me out of his private room aka for-his-mind-only.”

“We were friends you know.” She says. Like I do care if they were. No wonder why they liked Marky. “Dee, Marky, Syd and I.”

I turned to face her but I couldn’t find signs of scorn on her face. Maybe she has hidden it somewhere in her make-up.

She smiled as she remembers. “We grew up together. But obviously, Marky and Dee had been too close ever since.”

I sat up. “Warn me where exactly this conversation is heading…?”

“Dennise,” she snorts. “You’re not threatened are you?”

I didn’t answer. I just might give myself away which was already obvious.

“She was Marky’s first love. Probably his first to everything.” she continuous. ”You can’t just expect Marky to ignore her. The mind may forget but the heart doesn’t.”

I felt like I’m choking with madness that I wanted to grit my teeth. “So technically you are boasting about her. Great really you sound like you’re insecure. But then if she’s Marky’s first they might have broken up because of you.” I narrowed my eyes at her. “Sounds like something that you would really do.”

I was expecting a slap from her but neither her face seemed angry at me or even pissed off.

“Oh Dennise,” she croons. “Marky tells you so little, doesn’t he? That guy.”

Actually he doesn’t tell me anything about him.

“Dee and Marky’s parents were pretty close that you could call their relationship Blair and Nate.” I raised my eyebrows at her. “Their company even merged.”

“Then you Serena and Nate their relationship. How speechless I am.”

  She chuckles. “I would say that would be a chick flick but I’m sorry, honey, you’re wrong. That’s for Gossip Girl’s first season. News Flash: Dee’s dad disappeared carrying the money of their company.

“They couldn’t locate her dad. And so the blame fell upon Dee and her mom. The duchess was so mad about the whole thing that she got Dee and Marky separated in the process.”

I knew it. Most rich people’s romantic love life would end up like that via movie or novel. I looked at Rein to see some signs of scorn again but none still came, instead her face creases into a sad one—one that I wouldn’t expect to see in her.