Chapter 11

it's been waaaaaaay too long! enjoy this chapter! expect more now that it's FINALLY summer!

Chapter 11

    As Marley and I walk out the door we hear some footsteps behind us and not a minute later we are graced with the presence of Seth and Wesley.

    “Ladies, you don’t think we’re letting you two beautiful girls walk home alone, do you?” Wesley says with a smirk.

    “Ohhh our knights in shining armor have come to escort us to our castles, have y’all?” Marley retorts with a grin.

    “Leaving your own party for us, Wesley?” I say, lightly joking, although it doesn’t quite reach my eyes. As Marley and Wesley walk ahead, Seth and I slow our walk away from them and stroll down the dark streets under the lamplights quietly. After awhile Seth turns to look at me.

    “You know, you probably should talk about what just happened, right? At least to your parents?”

    “Yeah I know. It’s just, I still can’t believe it happened to begin with. I just felt so defenseless, so small, without any control and power. It was scary. And the way people looked at me as I walked down the stairs- it was like doing the walk of shame, except I was the victim here. How am I even supposed to bring this up to my parents? It’s not like I’m some kid who parties every weekend. How will they look at me?” I say, stopping in place as I feel a tear glide down my cheek.

    “They’ll look at you the same. You’re their little girl. I’m sure they’ll be more worried for your safety. Al, some guy almost took advantage of you. I don’t think they’ll look at you with disgust,” Seth remarks, wiping away my tear, “If it makes you more comfortable, I can come with you when you tell them?”

    “Really? You would do that for me?”

    “Yeah, of course.” He says and I smile softly at him.

    Just as our conversation ends, Marley and Wesley stop and turn, waiting for us to catch up. As we do Marley asks, “Where to Aly?”

    “Do you mind if we don’t go home just yet? I don’t think I’m ready,” I say cautiously, looking down at the ground.

    “Of course. Let’s just go to Central Park, I mean were like five minutes away.” And this is how we find ourselves fifteen minutes later playing hide and go seek tag at midnight on a Friday night.

    Marley is supposed to find all of us and as I am desperately trying to find somewhere to hide with seconds left until she’s on the prowl, I feel someone grab me around the waist. Just as I try to scream out, a hand is put over my mouth. My eyes widen in fear, but then they relax as a voice whispers in my ear, “Shh, it’s just me.” It’s Seth and my heart immediately begins to go back to normal as he lowers his hand and I turn around. “Sorry, I realized I probably shouldn’t have done that after everything that’s happened tonight.”

    “It’s okay. We should probably be quiet though or Marley will find us, and I hate to say this, but I’m extremely competitive. So if she sees us, chances are I’ll push you down so I can run.”

    “Oh really now? Well Amberlynn, I believe you’ve met your competition,” Seth says with a smile. We’re both quiet as we hide behind some trees and bushes, hoping Marley finds Wesley first. Just my luck though that I feel a sneeze coming on as I sense footsteps growing somewhat near.

    “Um Seth? I- I think I have to sneeze.” His eyes widen in alarm as I say this. I try my best to hold it in, but before long a mouse sounding sneeze comes from my mouth and I have probably given away our hiding spot.