Chapter 31: Reasons Why

Lucy's POV

I woke up to the sound of a monster... Natsu to be exact. He was snoring as loud as he could which was the reasons I could feel my bones shaking.

I soon crawled out of bed and when on to the main deck to watch the stars. It was about 2am from were the moon was placed in the sky.

"Lucy."

I spun around to find Natsu's crew standing behind me...

"Everyone!" I shout as I run over to the group...

"Lucy!" Most of them shouted...

"You guys should get to bed..." I mention and they all nod in response and crawl to there cabins.

I then stood outside watching the ocean for a little while, before crawling back into Natsu's room. Natsu was spread all cross the bed, limbs spread to almost every corner. I soon slowly walk over to his body, then I grabbed his arm and slowly placed it on is chest...

"Why is this so hard..." I mumble is I try to shift his body towards the wall...

When I finally had the chance to lay down, the unpredictable happens... Natsu suddenly rolls to the wall and pushed the bed away from the wall... I flinch when I hear the thud. But, the bed also pushed my legs to the ground.

"Owiee" I cry out.

"Lucy?" I hear Natsu call.

I crawl back into the bed and look over at Natsu with this arms and legs holding him up. I let out a small chuckle looking at him, then I offer him my hand.

"Thanks Lucy..." He mumble getting I the bed and pushing it towards the wall again.

I slip into the warm bed and grasp onto on of the large pillows and hug it as tight as I wanted to...

"Lucy..." Natsu says as he taps my shoulder.

"Yes." I replied.

"Can I hug you, it helps me fall asleep..." He trails off toward the end...

I then released my grip on the pillow and turn towards him, his eyes shining in the light like a star.
"Sure, if it helps you." I say hugging his bare chest.

I then felt him put his arm around my head, and his heart beat, and his warmth... I felt protected.
'That's what I love about you, Natsu.' I thought. Then I drifted to sleep.

~

I then woke up again to a loud crash, a very loud crash.
I look up to see what happen, rubbing my eyes. Still waking up my body.

"Happy!" I heard someone shout.

When I could finally see what happened, there was Natsu sitting on the floor glaring evilly at Happy the poor Exceed. But Natsu was covered with hot Oatmeal, almost head to waist.

I then jump out of the bed grabbing a rag off the clothing line.

"Geez Natsu, what did you do this time..." I mumble, starting to wipe his shoulder which is covered with really, hot oatmeal. I could tell Natsu was embarrassed because, one, he's blushing. Two he won't look be straight into my eyes.

"Natsu..." I mumble to him.

Nothing came from him, nothing...

I then grabbed his chin and turned it towards me...

"What happen?" I ask as nicely as possible. Continuing to wipe it off his mess off his face.

Natsu then sighed and began to speak...

"You slept in, so I was going to bring you breakfast in bed... But I tripped over Happy." He said pointing his thumb at Happy, who is also covered in oatmeal...

I just let out a small giggle, then started to work on getting the mess off his chest...

"You sure made a lot for it to get everywhere." I say, then moving on to Happy.

"Lushy...." Happy mumbled...

I just smile at him and take off this little bag before starting to clean him up...

~ after they are both done I go and wash Happy's little green bag.

"His bag his heavy..." I groan.

I dump all his items into a basket and start washing away.... Five minutes later his bag his back to normal and is smelling like rose flowers.

When I'm adding all his little items to his bag, Happy comes over and tugs my pajama pants.

"Here you go Happy..." I say handing him his bag.

"Thank you Lucy!!" He says running off.

When I realize the time I slip on a brow sweater, some blue jeans, and combat boots. And tell everyone I'll be taking a walk.

"Look for Natsu, Lucy!" Mira Shouts.

"Okay!" I shout back turning and listening too the snow crunch under my feet.

After walking through the cold market for what felt like the longest time, my feet feeling like there going to fall off from the cold.

"For the beginning of winter its really cold." I mumble to myself looking and smiling at everyone.

Suddenly I feel a tap in my shoulder, then another. When I spin around I see a mob of girls... About in there Teens.

"Hello girls!" I say with a smile, when suddenly I was pulled to a corner between two brick houses.

"You!" One of the Blonde girls starts.
"You took Natsu love from us!" She again shout.

"What! I didn't do that!" I say with my arms up.

"Mmh sure..." They all shout.

"Just think this as a warning blonde... We see you alone again, you'll regret it!" The girl shouts then walks away.

I then back up to the wall and just stand the, my back starting to feel the walls coldness.

"What will happen to me..." I mumble, now sliding down the wall falling, and sitting on the last patch of grass.

I lean my head against the wall.
"What will they do to me?!" I scream.

"Lucy! Where are you!" I hear a shout from a distance.

"Over here!" I squeak, my voice is dying....

Someone soon takes a sharp turn around the corner of the wall. It's Natsu, charging right at me with open arms, wrapping them around me. I was then suddenly pulled into a trance....

"You're really warm Natsu..."I said hoarsely....

Natsu chuckles, " I'm glad your okay..."

I smile and think

"That's the reason why I'm living....

Natsu is... The reason.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~