|01.|

[Kaia.]

"Auntie Kai, why is daddy going down there?" Malachi, my nephew asked as we watched my brother's casket go into the dirt.

I took a deep breath saying,"He's gonna be going somewhere for awhile, Mal."

"How long?"

"A really long time. But one day, you'll see him, I promise." I tried to not bust into tears, remembering I won't see my brother ever again.

I have to take care of my nephew now since Cameron's gone and Malachi's mom ran out on them when Mal was only 3 months.

He sniffled and said,"Ok." I felt eyes staring into me so I turned around and seen Cameron's best friend, August, standing there.

I couldn't tell if he was looking at me or not because he had on those shades. He nodded his head at me so I waved and turned back around.

We soon left the funeral, sad; depressed. I don't think Mal understands what's happening but eventually I'll tell him in the future.

"Here we are. Your new place." I said to Malachi as we arrived at my house that I bought a couple months ago.

We stepped out of my matte black Range and walked in. We went into his room and seen everything that was set up just for him.

Blue walls with a basketball hoop hanging on one wall and a race car bed.

"Wow! Cool, thanks Auntie Kai!" He squealed, picking up a basketball and playing around.

I chuckled and went next door to my room.

I always wondered what happened to Malachi's mom, Ember. She just left Cameron and Malachi behind when Mal was a tiny baby.

Apparently, she wasn't ready for a baby and she was on cocaine so she took off.

I sighed and shook my head, laying down on my bed. Then I slowly started to drift off to sleep...

- "Kai! Kai, wake up!" I heard a deep voice say.

I opened my eyes, squinting and yawning. I seen Cameron's figure standing over me, smiling.

"Hey baby sis."

"Cammy!" I embraced him in a tight hug but he was cold,"I'm gonna miss you so much."

"Me too, baby sis." He sighed,"So you're taking care of my boy."

"Yup! Mommy said it was best plus she won't be able to take care of him because of how sometimes she can't move around."

"Oh right, right. You'll be a great guardian." He smiled, petting my hair.

"I don't know, Cammy. I don't know a thing about kids."

"Just get to know him. He's such an awesome kid. I love him to...death." He sniffled, trying to cover it with a chuckle.

"Will do, Cam. So what happened in the first place?"

"Mannn, I was just on my corner with August, selling than one of our enemies comes out of nowhere with a gun. I mean we did pull ours out too but then he started to fire." He hestitated, sighing,"We ran and ran as quick as we could but obviously I wasn't fast enough."

Tears were starting to flow down my cheeks but I quickly tried to cover them.

My family doesn't like to show any weakness but for this I have to.

Cameron pulled me in for a hug again saying,"It's all gonna be ok, Kai. Hang in there." He slowly started to fade away,"Take care of my son! I love y'all! P.O.P. hold it down!"

Then he fully vanished. -

I woke up and looked around. I seen the picture of me and Cam as kids and chuckled.

I'm gonna miss him.