chapter 28 - dawn

Chapter 23 – Dawn

Chaelin's POV

I could hear his breath with my head dug into his neck. Even if it was for a little while his arms cradled me. The long sleeves of the kimono and murah enclosed like a blanket around me. He was warmer than humans or any yokai I've ever known.

I felt shielded and safe from the terrors that would start. My hand inter-twined and locked in his huge arms.

" Promise you won't die me " I asked him when he answered yes.

" I swear on you I won't leave you and let you go through all of that again " he added.

" Promise me you'll always always listen to me " I said again laying my terms.

" Chaelin I swear. I don't break promises. And for everything you have in mind I promise, " he said and I just closed my eyes holding on to him patiently waiting for the sun to rise. And we both had to go. Our ways. I knew this day would come where I would have to answer. Just didn't think it'd be this soon. And now since I love him I don't want to just die anymore. Or throw my life away.

My eyes were begging to be shut and I couldn't hold it off long either. I tried to resist but I couldn't. I broke free from the secure spot I had sealed on his chest and he looked surprised to my sudden movement.

He stretched his arm to caress my cheek, to ask

" what happened "

" It's just this horrible feeling I have and I can't seem to get over it. My brain just keeps making these connections and it wont stop " I whined and he pulled me back by force to the same position as before.

" Just sleep and rest " he told me and placed a kiss on top of my head.

Rikuo's POV

My hands felt heavy and I felt warmth all over me. This was not the usual feeling I'd experience in the morning. The first thing I noticed when I was pulled away from sleep was the time. It was 5am and I could see the guard outside the door. They lock the door and go away at night and come back in the morning.

Chaelin was asleep, cradled in my arms. And she hadn't slept well since three days. She was breathing intense and deep. But relaxed and slow. Her head rested on my shoulder with my arm holding and supporting the back. My right leg twined with her left.

I slightly lifted her head up to and moved my hand backwards when she opened her eyes and blinked a few times. She got up and sat straight.

" The guard is back " I whispered.

" Its froghead " she said making a long face.

" Here. This is a piece of a card with a spell on it. If anything bad happens just throw this " I said to her as it would summon yokai and give me an alert. She nodded yes and I sat there next to her. I was glad to see her happier than before. Her eyes would move here and there and not fixate on one thing. She smiled subtly but more often.

" I will find your grandma with Hyori. Can you give me any leads? " I asked her when she thought for a while.

" I don't know where she goes but Miraya might know or she might be able to help " she said.

" If that doesn't workout, find my parents or relatives or anyone related to the family " she added.

" The Sugiharas. Daiki Sugihara and Kaori Sugihara, are my birth parents " she told me their names in shame and disgust.

" Alright. I'm off now. Ill be back soon. When that guard goes off " I said when she nodded yes. I placed a warm kiss on her cheek and she smiled as I left the room. 

_________________________________________________________

I hope you liked the last two chapters. I've been noticing TMI tags done by people. I'm leaving one here for y'all if you're interested. Leave yours in the comments section.

1: What are you wearing?

A lose grey tee and shorts.

2: Ever been in love?

Nope.

3: Ever had a terrible breakup?

Nope.

4: How tall are you?

5"6 something 

5: How much do you weigh? 

65kgs ish? I guess.

6: Any tattoos?

Nope. Will get one soon.

7: Any piercings?

Two ear piercings.

8: OTP?

Kazuma & Ayano, SasuSaku.

9: Favorite show?

Secret Circle, Arrow and mostly anime. 

10: Favorite bands?

Green Day, Tame Impala and mostly KPOP bands/groups.

• Pandemonium • : nurarihyon no mago fanfictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें