chapter 19 - care

Chapter 18 - Care

Chaelin's POV

To each their own. After getting scowled at by Hyori and after swearing I'd never do anything stupid my life returned to mundane. I went back to work at the local ramen store. The old man said he had missed me.

" What can I get you " I asked the customer staring at my book to write down orders.

" You're the most boring waitress you know that? " he said. That voice. Ha!

" And stalking other people isn't cool you know that? " I said when he said he hadn't and explained how he found this place randomly. I ordered the food he wanted and sat opposite to him.

" Long time no see " he said. Ugh.

" It's only been 2 days bub " I told in the most annoyed tone ever.

" Can't get rid of me ya know. I'm gonna stick around " he replied back. GAWD!

" Rikuo I had to talk to you about something " I said when he was eating. He looked me while slurping noodles in.

" I'm well aware of the fact that they will come back for me. And, when they do please take care of Hyori " I told him with my voice shaking a little.

" And what makes you think I'm going to leave you? " he said reaching out and flicking my forehead. I stopped back to that slight flick.

I threw the water in the glass at him and he cussed something.

" And, its best if you-- " I said but stopped. Its best if he stayed away, but he wasn't going to listen anyway.

" What? "he asked slurping water and chewing on meat.

" Never mind " I told as I looked away. He left paying for the food and I cleaned up.

I left work at my usual time, at 9pm. I dragged out the trash and wished the old man good night. I was walking on the street. I was late so I had text Hyori that I was on my way and not to worry.

I walked along the alleyways to reach faster and as I went into one of those there were around 20 men standing. And I knew it. It was them. They were here. I stood there startled.

" Miss Chaelin Hamasaki, you have been summoned before the court for interrogation. You have to come with us " a man said. And I looked at him trembling. Council? What council? No! These guys will want to know everything. They'll go to any extent.

Rikuo. I'll call him. I picked my phone and dialed him and it was ringing.

" We are not to here to hurt you Chaelin " he said and came forward but I moved back.

" She's calling someone on her phone get her " another man said when Rikuo picked up.

" The Council 20 men heeelp " i screamed as hard i could when a guy dragged me and we went poof.

Rikuo's POV

It was Chaelin calling. Could it be?

" Chaelin where are you? " I said but no one answered. I could hear other voices. Did she lose her phone? 

" The Council, 20 men, Help!" was what she screamed from a distance. Where could she be? Ramen store? I hurried to the store only to find a deserted street at 11 in the night. All the street lights were gone.

That couldn't be possible. The council? Who was 'The Council'. I called Won and asked to help me search. Maybe Hyori knows where Chaelin was? 

" Hyori where's Chaelin? " I asked when she picked up. And she answered that she was on her way home form work and that she had sent her a text.

" Okay. Listen up! Someone called the Council took her. She called me and yelled those words on the phone. I need to you get your grandma as soon as possible to Roppongi and I'm looking for clues "

Won and I met up at the main street finding a phone. It was Chaelin's. I took it and went straight to my house and barged into grandpa's room. Won joined me.

" Who's spying on Chaelin? Where is she? What do you know Old geyser? How is she related to all the disappearances? " I asked Grandpa and he looked dumbfounded at my rage.

" You worry too much Rikuo. But if you want to know I'll tell you " he said.

" Miyouku Hamasaki was a great sorceress of my time. She was smart, cunning, caring and strong. Those were the glory days. She was a good friend. She still is. I don't know what's happening with the disappearances. Out of the blue I got a message to stay away from what's happening and to stay away from Chaelin, the girl you saved. Miyouku is Chaelin's grandmother. If she thinks it's better to sit this one out, it is. She's as important as any advisor to me. She'll take care of what's happening " he said and turned his back on me with his hands folded as though he knew everything.

"Do you know Chaelin and Hyori know nothing? "

" Do you know how they're being manipulated again and again putting their lives on the line? "

" Does Miyouku, the grandmother you talk so greatly of, know what Chaelin's going through? " I yelled my guts out.

" Rikuo! " he yelled back at me. But didn't look towards me.

" I did what was supposed to be done. As you said, you are my grandson. You are the third heir. Do what's right " he told me and looked back grinning.

"Oye, all this time you were.... " I said surprised.

" As I said, Miyouku as good as an advisor told me so I did listen to her " and left the room. Tch. All that drama.

" But you're a Nura and you're stubborn as well " he said while exiting the hallway. That Geyser. I ran behind him.

" Where is this Miyouku now? I need to see her. I need to talk to her " I asked him.

" I don't know Rikuo. I do know about the Council. Sit down " he said willing to talk.

" Calm down first. Don't let a girl rage you out " he said smiling. Eesh.

" Yeah. That's big coming from the guy who attacked Hagoromo Gitsune for grandma " I said arguing.

He did have a point. I don't know why I care so much. Let's not dig too deep either. I first need to see that hot headed numbskull is okay.