chapter 20 - the council

Chapter 20 - the council

Chaelin's POV

They dragged inside this spinning light with an opening. I forgot what it was called. Oh a portal. Right. Grandma uses those.

I wish I was a witch with powers I could slay these mother fuckers. What the fuck is this council. I was made to sit at this place when a frog lady came to me stood checking me out.

" Miss Hamasaki, this is The Council and you are here for interrogation and we have summoned you here for that purpose. Details will be told to you tomorrow. And now, I shall show you to you room " she said and walked and I followed her.

The room was like a hotel room and pretty cool. But wait—they're making me a prisoner here. I have to stay here until this shit is over?

" What the heck is this prison? " I said when the frog head got pissed.

" This is not a prison. Until you get your verdict this is where you'll stay and I will be escorting you at all times. We serve good food and will give you good clothes. Do not think of us so lightly " she said as if she ran a five star hotel. Tch.

I sat there and the door was shut. My hands were chained and had cuffs but the chain was long enough to move my hand. My attitude wasn't going to get me anywhere and I have to befriend that creature outside.

" Uhm ano... would it be okay if I could call or text? Please my sister would rip her hair out if I was missing and I don't want that since I'm okay. Would you please give me access to a phone " I asked when she denied.

" Come one. One text " she nodded no and ignored my request again. The only way to get her is to make her do it by criticizing this place.

" For a minute I had my opinion change I guess it's a prison. Wait—they give cellphone access in a prison. This is worse " I said. Hahahaha. Nut head fell for it and got me a phone.

I text Hyori that I'm okay and somehow I was worried the other nut head would come here so I also text to ask Hyori to not let him come here and things would get worse.

I punched the table and broke the glass. Tch. I sucked my teeth hard.

" If you destroy things you will be sent to jail " she said from the other side of the door. Sadist bitches. I swear I'll burn their ears by cursing.

Rikuo's POV

I sat down folding my legs. Grandpa sat opposite to me and composed himself.

" The Council, is a council. It consists of 6 main members. The 6 siblings of the Saito family. They're a well established clan. If we talk about well established, we Nuras are a rouge clan. This council was made to protect peace after your battle with Nue. 8 years ago. These 6 members formed the council or the house of Heiwa to protect peace. The Heiwa has a mix of all kinds of creatures and clans " he said before pausing.

" The Heiwa siblings consist of a yokai, a wizard, an alchemist, a spirit, a guy from another dimension, and a human. Nobody knows what they were but they turned out to be all these. They judge and take actions " he continued.

" I don't know if the recent yokai disappearances are related to Chaelin or not but she must be something that's potentially a threat to peace and they want to find out. They don't kill people or nothing. They merely gather information and act anonymously. The Nura, we could wipe all them out, but let's maintain good PR for now with them " he said. PR what?

" And if you want your girl back—" he said when I interrupted,

" She's not my girl " .... Grr

" Then don't get the Heiwa to hate you. Be respectful and patient. The more anger and rebellion you show the more numb they become to you. They won't help you. Get them to believe you in clean ways and don't be reckless " he said before closing his eyes back again and smoking his pipe.

Chaelin. Don't be rampant or run away from there. I just pray that she keeps her calm until I get there. When I asked for the location grandpa said he doesn't know. So I got work to do.

Lets go and kick some peace butts. In a nice way.