chapter 12 - nura stay out of this

Chapter 11 : Nura stay out of this

Chaelin's POV

I was able to get up my self and I was able to walk around. Hyori went to work. She promised she'd be back soon. One of the yokai accompanied her. She kept calling to see if I was okay. Which I was not.

I felt stranded. Every time I walked around gazes and stares and followed me. I do realize it's not their intention to creep me out. But damn Rikuo. I could've gone back to Tsuchiusa. People knew me there. It was my hometown and no one would find out. I think this would work. I called Hyori up.

" Annyeong. Are you okay Chae? " She asked me as soon as she picked the call up.

" Hyori, listen to me. I want to go to Tsuchiusa. I'd be better off there than here. I'd be safer. And these yokai wouldn't have to go through the trouble of staying by us all the time " I said and she kept quiet. I was waiting for the storm to start.

" Chaelin you and I both know that you're retarded. So shut the fuck up and stay at home. Don't do anything stupid like that. I will come back home soon and you won't feel lonely or awkward then" she barked on the phone before hanging up.

I hated this. I am always trapped. In something or the other. This isn't fair. It looks like the Nura clan has latched on to us. I just pray there's no harm from us to them! They just did what they were told to do. They didn't move or slack off. They kept on watching. And observing the neighborhood. I hated the fact that they were there putting everything on the line. I cannot see more people die. More people die infront me for me.

I made them some tea and they were delighted. Even while they drank tea they still didn't take a break. Tsurara came back in to say thank you. And we talked for a bit. Before I went to bed. It was 3pm. I did not want to even look at Rikuo so I decided that I'd sleep through the night. I just wish he'd stay out of this.

Rikuo's POV

I went check on Chaelin; she was sleeping. The others were properly placed. Kubinashi at the back, Kuro at the front. And, Tsurara with them inside the house. The other yokai were downstairs. There were 20 of them plus, these 3.

" Tsurara " I called out.

" Master you've returned. How is it going there? How may I be of help " she asked and I went closer to her face. She looked perplexed.

" Incase something happens here, which I'm assuming will, don't fight them. The three of you get Hyori and Chaelin and come home and to the main quarter" I said to her in her ears and she nodded yes with determination. They are going to come back for her. They need something from her. If only I could talk to her grandma who's in some other place and they don't know where.

I set up some ropes and traps for escape routes and a camera in the living room. I think this should be enough. And now I had to go to the meeting.

I got ready. Put on my white kimono. Everyone assembled in the hall. Won was walking towards me. And he waved at me.

" What's this about? " he asked as he just got back today.

" Well, I don't know but the old geyser seemed pretty serious and bugged up about something " I told him scratching my head.

As usual we all sat down. Even though I was officially the supreme commander now, gramps was the former supreme commander. He still had power. He had overruling authority. I took my place which was next to his'. The other members took their respective places. Somehow I didn't like the air here.

Gyuki was as calm as usual. Shoei looked bored. Karasu Tengu was tensed as ever. Gramps came in and they all greeted. Surprisingly even mom came in and took a place. That was weird as she doesn't preside meeting like these. She smiled at everyone and reduced the tension a bit. They greeted her back.

Grandpa sat there with his eyes closed contemplating. He opened his eyes and started to talk.

" The recent events of disappearing yokai have been very significant in this land. We all know that by now. I also know enough intel has been gathered by us. Before I begin, I have called every member of the house here to make sure all of you listen to me. Especially Rikuo and his crew " he said and glared at me.

What the actual fuck is gramps trying to say.

" The Nura clan will not be involved in anything that's got to do with the alliances and disappearances. The Nura clan will not aid others or fight for or against others. We are staying out of this " he said and I just stood up disagreeing to every word he said.

" There is no way that's going to happen " I said when he stood up and he scowled at me,

" This is an order. Whether you like it or not! We are sitting this one out ".

I was just baffled and the whole room went kaboom with everybody exploding and spitting words at each other. Chaos. 

___________________________________________________________________________________

Hi my lovely readers.

 I hope you're enjoying the story so far. It's going to get a little boring