chapter 4 - the encounter

Chaelin's POV

I woke up at 3 am unable to sleep. I think I should go for a walk. After I'm tired I can probably sleep. I put on my Nike shoes, a track pant and a loose tee which showed the straps of my sports bra.

Hyori was fast asleep so I didn't tell her. She'd be mad if she woke up. So I was going to return soon. I walked plugging my earphones in. I listened to G Dragon's Crooked. The song changed to Demons. And it reminded me of everything.

" I want to hide the truth I want to shelter you but with this beast inside there no where we can hide.
No matter what we breathe we still are made of greed, this is my kingdom come this is my kingdom come "

All the days, those years flashed before my eyes. It felt like it was all yesterday and I could feel my heart burn. I clenched my fist trying to control my emotions. I started to run. Run as fast as I can. I went through all the alley ways and all the empty roads. I ran for hours. I surprise myself on how I can run so much. Oh great. I landed in a wood. I don't know where I was. It was dark but I could see through the undergrowth. And the tress made a canopy. There were obviously weird sounds which didn't scare me. I just walked on what I assumed to be a path. I saw some light at the end. I put hair up and I ran towards it to only find, several men, no, creatures, no shit, yokai fighting.

I started to step backwards. With each foot I kept backwards my heart pounded more. I took another step back and I slipped. I squealed. I rolled down and hit my head hard. I woke up to see a huge man with white hair and skulls around his neck staring at me.

" she's okay " he yelled as he started to move towards the other men. I saw a group of them. One was a yokai on a small rock with a katana which he held in his hand and the end rested on his shoulders. There was a frog creature that was near me. And was staring into my face.

" omg stop " I yelled crawling back.

I saw all the heads of that group turn towards me.

The frog creature looked confused.

" you can see us? " it asked.

" Well. Let me think. Do I look retarded to talk to a stone? " I asked in the meanest way possible.

" Waka she can us" someone yelled to this man in a white kimono and a sword. Yes I can see them. I've been seeing things like these since a long time. The big man came closer and i stared to move backwards.

" Stop " the guy instructed. His eyes were very fierce. His face had a triumphant smirk. He came closer to me. I started moving backwards. Taking steps and leaps.

In a blink of an eyes he was behind me. My back touched him.

" Do you want to die by falling off a cliff? " he whispered in a thick native Japanese accent.

I turned and freaked out. I was now surrounded. This guy had platinum flames on either side of him.

" Don't hurt me " I tried to tell that guy who seemed like a leader with a look of a hooligan. He kept coming close. They were all murmuring at the back.

" Don't come near me " I said drawing my voice. I had only seen yokai before but not this close. I could sense his aura. His strong aura. Which was warm, bold and was sharp. It gave me chills. But not the cold chills.

I stopped.

" How can you see us, you little human " he said in a very confused tone.

" I don't know. I see yokai all the time " I said with my voice feeling a little better.

" You're definitely not a yokai. I don't sense any fear in you " he said standing still.

I just stood still. Analyzing how I could possibly escape. If I made one wrong move, any of them could kill me with their bare hands.

He stuck his finger onto my cheek and said,

" That's weird. Humans aren't supposed to see yokai under circumstances like these " his voice was very easy going but had a deep undertone to it.

" Listen mr whoeveryouare I'm lost. I don't know how I got here. I've been seeing yokai since forever. Now, let me go " I said when his face got serious.

" what makes you roam at this time of the night " he asked firmly.

" I couldn't sleep so I came out for a run " I told him.

" do you know it is the night of the storm when every yokai comes out? " he said and I nodded no.

" Ao, help her get out of here and make sure she reaches home " he instructed to the man who looked like bigfoot.

And the guy leaded the way. I was praying for my life the whole time.

" where do you live " he asked.

" Roppongi " I said and he smiled. That was unexpected. He took by my arm and poof in a minute we were there. And I bowed to him.

" Don't ever come out on a night like this. Since it was us you were lucky " he said before walking away.

" Wait! Who are you? " I asked him.

" We are the Nura clan " he said grinning and disappeared into thin air. This was probably one of the most freakiest encounters ever. They didn't do anything to me. Do they even know? No. I don't think so.

I tried to sleep back. I couldn't. As usual. When I finally started to feel sleepy it was almost break of dawn. Aish.

_______________

Konnichiwa.
I hope you liked these 4 chapters. Now that you know Chaelin, chapters will get bigger. I can't wait to show you guys the others chapters when Chaelin and Rikuo meet. Stay tuned.

Vote if you liked the chapter. Comment and let me know.

Loves,
Anusha.