Chapter 2: Hidden

If image doesn't appear above: 

"I'm back!" yelled Bender as he burst into the Planet Express doors. "Okay now that that's over I'm done for today's work." He grabbed a beer from the fridge and plopped himself down on the couch. Fry came in the door a few minutes later.

Bender burped fire. "Ahh, much better." A mew came from his chest.

"Bender, did you just meow?" Leela asked.
"Hell no." Bender said, not meeting Leela's eye.
"Bender seriously." Leela looked suspicious.

Another mew came from Bender's chest, causing Bender to squirm. "Bender, I demand to know what's in your chest!" Leela finally yelled.
"Dagh fine!" Bender exclaimed, and opened up his chest and you (the cat) jumped out.

"C'mon, I know no pets, but look how adorable it is!" Bender complained. You hid behind Bender's leg, shuddering fearfully. If only they found out that you weren't a real cat....

"Bender, why on Earth do you have a cat?"
"Look, I found it and it was starving. Plus, I am pretty sure that cats are extinct, so this one should be worth a lot of money!" Bender rubbed his hands together.

Fry walked up to you and gingerly picked you up.

"Oh I once saw cats like you on the street back in the 20th century! Man, this brings back memories. Please Leela can we keep it? Pleaseeeeeeeee?"

Leela rolled her eye. "Fine, but Bender, you are completely in charge of it. Hey Fry, can I hold it now?" She opened her arms and you jumped into them. You were much more comfortable in a girls arms because you thought that Fry would drop you. You still had to get used to the one eye thing though.

Leela rubbed you comfortingly and you involuntarily let out a purr.

"Awwww, it likes me!" Leela said, stroking you.

"See!" Bender said triumphantly, making his point. He sat back down on the couch and smoked a cigar.

Professor Farnsworth then walked in.

"Ooh, what a cute cat! Who is responsible for this?" He asked everybody.

Bender stood up proudly. "I am."

"Ooh, may I hold it?" the Professor asked Leela. Leela handed him you, and you shivered as the professor's bony fingers stroked your back.

Don't turn into a human now, You thought.

Everyone was so nice to you. This was...different. All your life, you were treated like a lowly cat, but here were people thinking you were the cutest thing alive.

You felt yourself fill with warmth and comfort as you slowly drifted to sleep.