Why was she always like that, she made it seem like something was gonna happen with me and Derek. It wasnt going to though, he is my brothers bestfriend and he is never serious about anything. He was just a guy who was basically part of my family, he went on family vacations and even came over on the holidays.

Pushing the thoughts about Derek to the side, I headed to science where he was my lab partner. The halls were full with posters say "Go Tuck" and "Beat 'em". I never understood why they put posters up on hall walls, someone had to come back later and clean them up. So it seemed like a waste of time to me.

"Great" I said to myself as I walked past the gym.

 I noticed a few posters that read 'Pep Ralley' one thing I hated more than posters was pep ralleys. It was basically everyone running around cheering for the team and telling the crowd how they were going to take down whatever school we were going against. Its just a waste of time, if they really wanted to waste time that much they should just let us leave early.

Slowly, I made my way to science class. Like always Mr.Lashley was talking about what his life was like, which honestly none of us cared about. It might be rude but its like watching Peter Griffin from family guy talk about his wife and new daughter. We are all even surprised he has a daughter or wife because if he didnt tell you about them, you would think he had a husband or boyfriend.

We all call him Peter Griffin because well he looks like him, the same round shape, the same outfits, even the glasses and the haircut. Only difference was that one of them is on television and the other is teaching science to a bunch of seniors who are ready to just be done with school.

To add to my best day ever, I found out that we were mixing chemicals today. There is a million things that can go wrong with the two that we are supposed to mix, but the end result if mixed together is a bright blue light.

"It cant be that hard" I said looking over at Derek who is just sitting next to me texting.

"huh? Yeah" he said which really meant 'yeah I wasnt listening'.

I shook my head "Derek get off your phone and help me" I said smiling as I took his phone and put it in my backpack.

"Hey" he said as he missed grabbing the phone back.

"After we are done, you can have it back. Deal?" I asked messing with him. If he really wanted his phone back he would take it from my bag.

"Deal" he said starting to laugh as he grabbed the unlabeled beaker on the left.

"Whats that?" I asked looking from the beaker to him. As he explained what it was I started to laugh at how he looked in the safety googles.

He got a confused look on his face "What?" he asked putting the beaker down next to the other one.

"The googles!" I said still laughing. "Someone drew little flowers and hearts on the side" I said taking his googles off and showing him.

Quickly Mr.Lashley pointed at us "Put your safety googles back on!" he said strictly.

I shook my head "Here" I said smiling as took the ones with the drawings and handed him the ones I was wearing.

"thanks" he said smirking and picking the beaker up again.

I watched closely as he poured the chemical into a measureing cup.

"You sure about that" I asked looking around at the others then back at him.

"You wanna do it?" He asked offering me the beaker.

"No not really, you can do it" I said not wanting to mess up the project and fail.

"Then stop worrying" he said smirking as he poured the chemical into the other.

I sat back and watched as the two chemicals mixed together and began to glow.

"You did it" I said happy nothing had gone wrong.

"see all worried for nothing" he said smiling full of himself.

I glanced back at the light only to see it was glowing brighter and brighter every second. "Derek" I said but couldnt finish my sentence.

Just as he turned around the chemicals came out of the top of the test tube. It exploded, blue chemical was on the ceiling, on the floor and unfortunately on me and Derek.

"Yeah you did it" I said looking at Derek.

Mr.Lashley rushed over furious at us. "Get out both of you!" he said as he turned red in the face and pointed at the door.

I grabbed my bag and quickly rushed out the door. I still had the safety googles and I was covered in blue stuff. "Great, now look Derek" I said smirking looking at him.

"What?" he asked taking his googles off and putting them on the top of his head.

"Im covered in blue stuff and I have no extra stuff to wear" I said looking at my clothes then back at him.

"come on" he said walking down the abandoned hall.

"where are we going now, smurf village?" I asked jokingly as I followed.

"Ha ha" was all he said surpriseingly.

We stopped at a locker and he hit it once in the middle then started putting the code in. I ran a hand through my hair which was also covered in the blue paste like stuff. "great" I mummbled to myself as I leaned against the locker next to his. When I turned to look at him, I found a shirt being held out at me.

"Here" he said handing me the shirt.

I unballed what he had handed me and saw it was one of the auto techs shirts. It had his name on the left 'Derek W' and auto tech on the back. It actually didnt smell bad and was clean.

"Thanks" I said smiling looking from the shirt to him.

"No problem" he said then looked at the clock. "Ill see you later" He said smiling then walked back down the hall and out schools door.

I watched him leave and wondered why he was being so nice to me all of a sudden. I used to be the one he used to like to pick on but now he was being nice, it was weird. I looked at the shirt then walked into the bathroom closest to his locker. I changed from my stained shirt into his auto tech shirt that was alittle too big.

I stood in the mirror looking at myself, I was a mess because of what happened in science but I had fun. I tried to get the blue out of my hair but it wasnt even fadeing. "Life is Awesome" I said grabbing my bag up off the floor and putting it over my shoulder.

As I turned on the water I heard a phone go off but no one was in the bathroom except me. I checked the stalls just in case and found no one. It wasnt my phone, the ringer was the wrong one. I looked down in my bag and saw Dereks phone, but why did I still have it?

I opened the phone and there it was, the last thing I had ever suspected.................

_________________________________________________

:D what is it?

lol. thanks for reading, I promise I will update soon.This post is longer than any of my others.....Yay. I always try for long ones but I only end up getting around 2 pages.

Hope you guys enjoy reading it and let me know what you think, what will happen? and any ideas you have for the story just let me know :D.

Thanks for reading!

<3 Di