A Shadowed Birthright - Chapter One

Hey guys! I'm sure you know Red Lightning Guardian? Hopefully you do ;) Well, mah friend gave me inspiration to create mah own original story and here it is. She's been bugging me to upload it, which I am doing now, so if you could be so kind and give it a read, I'd very much appreciate it.

I have now made it official so please vote if you enjoy it and comment what you think. I'd love your feedback.

Peace!

Picture of my Ember Factorem or his better yet, his nickname Remy :D ^^ 

- Third Person's P.O.V -

My feet lands on the barren land in which I will soon become accustomed to and immediately the heat bathes my skin in a blanket of calidity hardly has an affect on me. Slowly, my bright emerald eyes go over the scenery in front of me through hooded eyes, capturing each small detail but my brain doesn't process it yet.

From the east, a strong wind blows and my attire softly floats in the direction the wind walks to. My red hair caresses my face; partially covering my sight – not that it actually bothers me.

My gloved hand slowly drops from the only source of cool serenity I'll get for a while. It's only then I register the mighty sound of whirring helicopter blades behind me. The sound of the blades beating ferociously against the wind slowly builds in my ears as the feeling of my clothes blowing vigorously against me sinks in.

The materials look as if they're fighting to float away but my body prevents it from doing so. My hair flails about my face, going in many directions but mostly west.

Then I remember why I'm here...

"This is where we drop you off, Shade!" a voice shouts over the roaring of the metal blades above. Slowly turning my head to glance over my shoulder, I gaze at the man holding onto the bars screwed into the roof of the helicopter.

He's clad in the standard uniform of the Authorities: a black jacket adorned with many pockets across the chest and arms, midnight blue pants that has white stitching criss-crossing on each leg and standardised black combat boots.

What stands out most is the red bulletproof vest that only covers the right side of his chest, held securely by blacks belts tied around his torso. A black helmet with dark lenses obscures his face from my eyes but I know he's staring at me.

"An Ember shall be with you in a couple of days!" he informs me just as the helicopter lifts from the ground, the blades holding its enormous weight in mid-air. It takes off to the south, leaving me alone in the middle of this barren land.

I watch as its figure swiftly dwindles in size and after staring at its direction of departure, I turn away to stare ahead of me.

So, I am forced to wait in this desert? My eyes boredly trail a bundle of dried plants that roll due to the breeze that once again blows from the east.

I glance down at the bag the soldiers had given in my right hand. They made sure to inform me that it contains food and water necessary to survive in the desert but I don't understand why they're giving it to me.

I don't necessarily need it.

I guess that gave it to me for a bit of sustenance. How I use my time in this desert depends on my skill and mind-set. Being taught from a very young age about survival and what the human body can survive on makes one knowledgeable about surviving in a desert. Even without that knowledge, I would still be able to survive.