Chapter 30: Transfiguration

It was a very long night, a lot was lost. Mrs. Johnson' loss was a very difficult one for her to bare. It stirred in a lot of anger within her and she could not contain it. She went up to the mayor' office and demanded for the house to be put down for all the lives it had taken.

Mrs. Johnson, "Sir I will not be a part of these people who have no courage and cannot stand united to destroy the evil that is destroying us. My last hope is in you, if you will give an order to put this house down, I will be the one standing by you. It has taken my everything."

Mayor, "I am with you in your sorrow, I want to end this bad news as well. I will talk to Peterson and see how soon I can get his approval."

Mrs. Johnson, "truly greatful sir."

Mr. Peterson was called to the Mayor' office to sign an agreement on putting the house which he had built for Eliana down. This time he really had no option but to agree, it was decided that the house would be put down in next two days. Mrs. Johnson was content with the decission and finally she felt in a way this was her vengence on the witch.

It was the night before the new moon. Every one had thought that Shane was dead too but at around 10:00 p.m. he walked out of the house and headed straight at Mrs. Johnson' house. He knocked the door and it took sometime for her to open the door as she had slept. When she opened the door, she was stunned to see Shane standing outside and he looked very fine, he had regained all his strength back. She quickly took him in and made him sit, she was very happy and asked him how he managed to escape and was he successful in destroying the dark powers of the house. He spoke nothing, Mrs. Johnson thought may be he was hungry, so she quickly went into the kitchen to get some food for him to eat.

He followed her to the kitchen and as she was working in there he stood right behind her and as she was not aware that he was standing right behind her, when she turned she bumped into him and the hot meal that she had prepared for him, fell all over him. She got scared and apologized saying, "I was not aware that you were standing behind me." The moment she said that, he slit her throat with the knif and walked off the house.