Chapter 19: The Past (part 3)

They waited too long that night for Robert but there was no sign of him, the house servent even went out till the town entrance to look out for him but he did not locate him. Finally Eliana and her aunt, they had dinner and went up to their rooms to sleep. They feel asleep quite soon as it was too late and both of them were very tired with the wait.

In the dead of the night there was a loud bang on the main door which woke Eliana. For initially she only thought that it was a dream, now since she was up, she got out of the bed and went towards the washroom, just as she was walking there was a terrible second bang on the door. She trembled with fear and stopped to move any further, she wanted to yell out loud but it was as if her body had freezed. The banging sound only got louder and persistent and then finally Eliana could yell, she yelled at the top of her voice and ran into her room to wake her aunt up. When Margret got up, she was startled to see Eliana so scared and terrified, she went out with her to see who it was and what banging sound she was talking about.

The house servents were up as well due to Eliana' screem and when the main door was opened there was no one out there.

Margret, "what was it? Who was banging the door?"

House Servent, "madam we did not hear any banging sound, infact Eliana screamed very loud so I ran and came here and when the door was opened there was no one."

Eliana, "so what? Am I lieing?"

Margret, "no baby, he did not mean that, come and sleep in my room. You need some rest."

Eliana was crying and she just went away with Margret to her room and tried resting for sometime. Her heart was still pounding because of that sound and she tried forgetting.

Morning when she woke up she saw that Margret was not there next to her and it was almost noon, so she quickly went down, she did not want to be late for the feast. As she came down in the kitchen she saw a young man having conversation with Margret and she guessed it was Robert, he was a very good looking man.

Margret saw Eliana, "hey sweet heart, see who is here."

Robert saw her too and he was awestruck by her beauty.