Chapter 5: Meeting With Peterson (part 1)

Shane quickly left for the mayor's office for the meeting and put forth his development project in front of the mayor. It went well for him and the mayor assured him of all the support in convincing the people. Now Sane was a good man and he had very well taken care of the interest of the people of the town in the entire project, which the mayor had found very interesting.

Shane, "Sir, I would like to begin with the construction of a connecting route. As you are aware that the town is not well connected and the roads and railway support leading here are in a bad shape. I have a very clear route that can go through this place, which he pointed out on the map. Right here, this house must be brought down."

Mayor, "Shane I don't have a problem with all that you have proposed but to bring that house down, well you will have to go and speak to Mr. Peterson. He has the ownership deed with him, the house belongs to him son."

Shane, "So i am guessing there is only one Mr. Peterson in the entire town."

Mayor, "yes and why do you ask?"

Shane, "there you go sir, you just made my work easy. I am going there right away to speak to the jolly good man Mr. Peterson."

Mayor, "alright then, that sounds good to me. All the best and I hope the funds would start rolling soon."

Shane, "positive on that, not more than a month from today, if things go well as I have planned."

Mayor, "See you then Shane, you have a good day and if you need help, you know my office doors are open for you."

Shane, "you have a good day too."

Shane quickly left to meet Mr. Peterson and knocked at door, the door was opened by Mr. Peterson's butler. He asked him what was the matter and Shane informed him that he was a friend and wanted to meet the old man. It took some time but Mr. Peterson came out to meet Shane and he was happy to see him.

Shane, "hello Mr. Peterson, hope you recognize me?"

Mr. Peterson, "of course I do young man, what brings a busy person like you to my door steps."

Shane, "I wanted to share something interesting with you and I need your help too."

Mr. Peterson, "ok, bring it up then, lets see what you have got in your mind."