Chapter 29: Rita' Death

It was getting dark now and Shane reached home quickly, waiting for Mrs. Johnson and Rita to come. He waited and waited but there was no sign of them, finally when he could not wait any longer he decided to go in himself and try everything in his capacity.

As he entered the mansion he went straight up to Eliana's room where she used to meet him. She wasn't there that night. So he called out to her, "Eliana, where are you."

He checked all the rooms and finally found her on the roof, where she stood, staring at the night sky.

Shane, "where were you, I was looking for you every where."

She did not speak a word, he sensed something was wrong, he went a little closer, with every step he was taking his heart was pounding faster. He got close enough to hold her hand and the moment he did, she turned towards him. This was not Eliana, a horrible witch she was that held his hand back. Shane screamed for help and tried to rescue himself but her strength was very powerful to overcome. She got very close to him and then whispered a spell in his ears and darkness covered his eyes as he fell down.

When he opened his eyes he was tied, hands and legs both and he struggled to set himself free but it was of no use. He heard her footsteps as she walked in, this was Eliana, whom he knew.

Eliana, "hello darling, you are more used to seeing me like this haha, forgive me if I scared you."

Shane, "just kill me, I don't want to live any more."

Eliana, "not so easy my love for tonight we will make love for one last time and then I shall sacrifice you."

Shane, "no please kill me now." (He weeped and cried aloud)

His cry reached out to the people of the town and they gathered around the house, just as Shane had once, when he was new to the town. They all knew he was dieing in there but no one had the courage to step in.

Mrs. Johnson and Rita were back home and Rita was very sick, her body had become too weak with all the suffering she had gone through because of the possession. News of Shane' torment reached Mrs. Johnson but then she was helpless, she had to care for Rita. Every thing was just a chaos, and just when Mrs. Johnson thought that there cannot be anything worst happening anymore, Rita gave up her life. She was gone.

Shane' cry of misrey stopped as well and all the people returned home, the only man stading there as always was Mr. Peterson, asking God to give eternal rest to his daughter' soul.