Chapter 11: Eliana's Secreat - part 3

He had his dinner and had it well for he was famished, he stayed very normal later that evening and spoke to Mrs. Johnson about the routin. She left and asked him to sleep well again as he needed good rest.

After a good evening spent he returned back to his room with a realization that the project work was being ignored and there was a lot of catching up to be done. He decided to stay up for sometime that night and try to complete as much work as possible. With the night getting deeper he started to feel sleepy and after a lot of efforts to stay awake he fell asleep on his work desk.

He was in a deep sleep and in a dream he saw himself tied to a tree, helpless and worried. He struggled to escape and rescue himself but he strength kept failing. When he gave up and waited for help to come, he saw a large raven, coming down from the tree. He further got scared looking at the bird come so close to him and sensed that it might hurt him. The raven came and sat on his shoulder, Shane wanted to screem for help but his voice was choked. He failed to utter even a single word from his mouth. The bird came even more closer, and then something amazing happened, it whispered in his ears, "no boy, don't you worry, your life is very precious too me." After uttering these words the bird flew away and Shane woke up terrified. By now he was convinved that things happening with him were not normal and in the morning he decided to discuss this with Mrs. Johnson and seek her help.

The night was'nt over yet and after that wierd dream, he did not want to close his eyes anymore. So he decided to read Eliana's diary further:

"Darkness was never my companion unlike now, I don't see any future through it, as it stares into my face asking me to give up and hold its hand, asking me to embrace it and walk into further void along. I kept refusing, I kept fighting its voice but it only grew stronger until the day when I decided to say yes to its offer. I guess there was no option left for me or I guess I was too weak and had no further strength to fight its voice or may be, I wanted to embrace it for, in it I sensed power. Magic if you want to call it so, a lust that was too powerful to resist, yes I wanted it to have me. As these thoughts ran through my mind, so did my heart pound, my lips were getting parched and a wierd but most amazing sensation was taking over my body. I was getting lost in this feeling and till I realized, I heard my self yelling at the top of my voice, yes, yes have me, for where ever you lead I will go along and as I uttered these words, all the darkness around vanished and took a form of a beautiful large black bird. No ordinary bird, for it had power to speak to me and tell me that for this day on I belonged to him."

Shane was shocked to know about the raven Eliana spoke about in her diary.