Chapter 11 - Uchiha Eyes

A tiny yawn escaped Sakura’s mouth as she turned in her bed, waking up to a new day. She couldn’t help but hug her face into her pillow and give a small giggle.

All to herself.

The big room and equally big bathroom complete with a big tub and separate shower; the queen sized bed all to herself; and the large closet and two sets of drawers that held all the nice clothes and accessories that Sam had bought for her. Ah, yes, this was the room of her dreams. It was at least twice, if not a bit more, the size of hers back at home. Her giggling stopped and she gave a sad sigh at the thought.

Home…would she and the others ever get back?

Sakura’s bed sheets crinkled and shifted as she moved out from under them and made her way to the bathroom to clean up and get ready. Today was the day that she and the others would go with Sam to her Master Ryu’s MA studio. Sam had told them all last night before bed that she expected them to be up and ready before eight o’ clock. Breakfast would have to be bought to go along the way since Sam was basically out and would have to go to the store later after work to restock her fridge.

“Morning everyone.” Sakura greeted as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes and walked down the stairs with another yawn. Naruto and Sai, however, were the only ones waiting.

“Huh? Where’s Sam and Kakashi-sensei? They’re not still in bed, are they?” Sakura’s eyes widened a bit in curiosity.

“Figures, even in a foreign place like this and sensei’s still late for everything.” Naruto crossed his arms with a huff.

“And it seems as though Sam is no different.” Sakura then sighed, “Why can’t anyone ever be on time?”

“Perhaps we should try waking them up?” Sai suggested.

“Yeah, come on.” Naruto quickly took Sai’s suggestion and began to make his way to Sam’s room first.

Sakura quickly followed. “Naruto, what are you doing?”

“Waking Sam up.”

“But shouldn’t we knock-“

Naruto threw open Sam’s door with sound of triumph. He glanced around the room with a “Huh…” after seeing Sam to be nowhere in sight. Only the faint sound of the shower running was heard…along with a growing growl. “Eh?” Naruto followed the sound, seeing Saix appear from the other side of the bed in the room. “Gyaaah!!” Naruto slammed the door shut as Saix charged forward with a snarl.

“Naruto, what the heck? What’s the matter, is Sam not in her room?” Sakura made a move to open the door.

“Don’t go in there Sakura-chan.” Naruto warned in between scared pants as he stretched out, covering the door with his body to keep Sakura from opening it. “Saix will try to eat you!”

“What are you two doing?”

Sakura and Naruto’s heads whipped around to see Kakashi standing lazily hunched over with an equally lazy look in his eye. Sai stood just behind him and looked around at the odd scene as well.

“Well, uh, you see…”

“Idiot! What if you had walked in on Sam while she was dressing?!” Sakura knocked the back of Naruto’s head with a fist, causing the poor boy to shoot forward from the neck up, grasping the now tender spot.

“I didn’t…though I did hear the shower running.” The words escaped his mouth.

“Gyaaah! That’s even worse!” Sakura pulled at her locks in horror before landing another blow on her teammate.