Failure. And Nothing But

"Well?!" a voice pulls me back into reality, along with the hand tugging at my arm.

"I came... from..." I look down at Luffy, and sigh, gently placing a hand on his head, "Somewhere... horridness. Something that could compete with your worst nightmares. I came from an earthly hell."

He looks up at me wide eyes, his mouth in a 'o' shape.

I ruffle his hair, "Don't worry about me, or my past. Just worry about your future, Luffy, because, I know that one day, you'll reach greatness. Pirate or Marine, Luffy, follow you dreams." I say with a kind smile, looking down upon the boy who 'o' shaped mouth turned into a toothy grin,

"YEA!! I'M GONNA BE THE PIRATE KING!!"

My grin deepens, "And I, will await that day."

Time played on, and I began to understand the way this house worked.

I did my job, cleaning, cooking and keeping the title as the level headed proper young 12 year old girl.

But my biggest job was taking care of those three.

They don't hate me, except Ace... he's shown me his hatred on several occasions.

But I still have to watch them, and keep them in line, make sure they are ok, not about to die,

But then. . .

I messed up.

In such a way, I could never, ever forgive myself.

It was my fault he almost died.

I was sitting out at the top of the tree, under me was the odd 'ship' Ace Luffy and Sabo built. Then I felt it.

Like a blow to the face, my vision goes red, in my head I hear a voice.

Luffy's voice. "No!!"

I furrow my eyebrows as I sit up swinging down the tree to the ground, then came another skull rattling blow, my breathing hitched.

I knew something bad was going on.

Something was always going on. But this... this was something bad... somethings happened to Luffy...

His voice rings in my head again, "STOP!!! IT HURTS!!"

I jump up and begin to run.

If this is why those boys ditched me today....

'Buried treasure game' my left foot! I should know not to trust that conniving brat Ace..

I grab my staff, metals poles are so over rated, and begin to run off to where I saw them leave to.

I run, silently my firm lightly carved stick curled in my hand, my eyes narrow, my hair whipping behind me.

It's late afternoon by the time I find them.

I then see them, running, I speed up, yelling their names, "SABO!! ACE!!"

They notice me, and when I see the looks on their faces I know something bad has happened.

I run beside them, "Where's Luffy?"

Ace says in a 'in charge' tone, "he's been captured by the Bluejam's pirates."

"Enough said." I say and using all my strength I fight the repetitive painful invisible hits to the face as I run to help the two brothers save the youngest.

We burst through the wall and I see Luffy, strung up like a punching bag beaten and bruised.

The anger wails up inside of me and then pain shoots everywhere.

I fall to my knees eyes wide, no, not now, not with Luffy in need of my help!

Blood drips from my mouth, my vison dotting black, no.... no... NO!!

Blackness.

I failed.

Not only myself, but Luffy too. And Ace and Sabo.

I'm unbelievable. Nothing more than a waste of flesh, blood, and human emotions.