Chapter 5: The Red Headed Predator

Start from the beginning

 I got shotgun on the way back , as promised. I was looking through Veronica's phone for some music. She had great taste in music. It was getting close to 11:30pm, and we were all pooped! Moving boxes all day had really tired us out. I'm sure that it wasn't just my muscles that were wanting to just fall inward. By the time we all got back to the house, we were dragging ourselves up to our rooms. Brandy was the only one that was wide wake. She told us that we all sucked for wanting to go to sleep early. Oh well. I met Veronica on the stairs.

 She smiled at me and said, "Hey. Tonight was fun."

"Yeah, just wait until you have lived here for a while. We're crazy!"

She laughed softly and shook her head," Good night"

"Night."

And that was the last words that were spoke before going to our rooms and shutting the doors to an almost silent house.

*********

Veronica's POV****

I woke up the next morning and looked up at the space above my bed. I almost thought that everything from the day before had been a dream, yet there I was. I smiled broadly to myself, stretching my limbs out. They popped and cracked in protest.

 Last night was fun. The guys were great. We had dinner and got to know each other a little better. We drove back to the house, but didn't stay awake for much longer. Brandy seemed upset that we wanted to hit the hay. Her and Austin went into their room. That was the last I saw of them that night.

I got up out of my bed and went into the bathroom. After using the bathroom, I turned on the shower and peeled my clothes down. The shower was a welcomed feeling, cascading hot water all around me. I scrubbed every inch of my body, soaking in the feeling of an amazing shower. I stayed in the warmth until my skin had turned a soft, light pink. I towel dried my hair then wrapped the towel around myself. The floor was cool under my bare feet .I tip toed to the door that led to my room. I looked around at what was now my room.

 I had a few boxes, but I walked over to my dresser.Most of my clothes were now safely packed into a draw or neatly hanging in the closet. There was plenty to choose from. I picked out some short jean shorts that had designs on the bottom of the shorts by the legs. I put a black, off the shoulders shirt. I put a little bit of make up on and my hair in a braid. Today, I was going to finish putting everything away and set up my new room. I finished putting everything way and the folded boxes by the door. I lugged my vacuum in the room and started on the floor. When that was done, I made my bed. After I had smoothed the covers out, I arranged things on my walls and dressers I had a Canopy over my bed that if you pulled the strings where it was tied to the bed posts., The canopy would fall and surround the bed, creating a little closed off place. I hung some lighted that I had around my bed and on the wall  that my bed was up against. I declared this to be my little hide out. Sure, I had my own space before, but this had a different energy. The last thing that I needed to do was put my books on the shelves, Organize my shoes and put my nail- polish on a shelf as well. I was standing on a chair when Alli came into my room, looking around. She walked around the room and smiled at me.

I got down off of the chair and fixed my clothes.

"Very nice!  The lights are a great touch to the room."

Thank you! I Love how big this room is!"

"I do too. I wish I would have picked this room."

" Tough Nutts" I said to her sticking my tongue out.

She laughed at me," You finished everything before two o'clock. That's impressive."

I bowed, "Thank you ma'am. I wanted to get it out of the way. Now I can relax."