Chapter 9! {She's Gone}

"You guys can stay in the guest room...my brother is going to me home tomorrow and my parents are staying at the hospital pretty much" Eva tells us. I smile and give her a hug. I take Niall's hand and walk to the guest room that we stayed in a while back. I put my suitcase in the corner and walk to the bed. "Niall?" I ask. "Yes?" He says. "Everything will be ok...right?" I ask. "Of course it will" He says and sits down next to me. I lean over and kiss his cheek. He presses his lips gently against mine. I pull away and crawl off the bed. I change into pajamas and crawl back onto the bed. Niall wraps his arms around me and pulls me onto his chest. "I love you" Niall whispers and kisses my forehead. "I love you too" I say. I soon fall asleep.

------------

~Niall's POV~

I wake up next to Ary. Her hair cascading over her shoulder just over her face. I move the hair away trying not to wake her. "Niall?" She says almost so I can't hear.  "Sorry love. I didn't mean to wake you" I say. "It's alright" She says a bit louder and sits up. "Ary!" Eva comes screaming into the room. "Eva? What's wrong?" Ary asks getting up from the bed. "Mum...she's...she's" Eva can't finish her sentence. "No, no, no, no" Ary says and wraps her arms around Eva. I get up and wrap my arms around both of them. "C'mon get dressed and I'll take you there" I tell them. They nod and head to get dressed. Ary soon walks out of the bathroom just as I'm putting on my supras. Her eyes are red and puffy. "Baby commere" I say. She walks over and hugs me starting to sob again. "She can't really be gone" Ary says and looks up at me. "I don't know....I'm so sorry" I say out of words. She hugs me tight not wanting to let go. "C'mon lets go find Eva and we can go" I tell her.  She nods and lets go of me. I take her hand and lead her out to the family room. There stands Eva who is with, I'm guessing, her brother. He sees Ary and smiles. Ary lets go of my hand and wraps her arms around him. He holds her closely. Nothing is said. Eva walks up to me in need of a hug. I wrap my arms around her. She wraps her arms around me and we all hug for a while before we decide to go. Ary takes my hand and we walk out of the house to my car. It's quiet the whole ride there. I'm not exactly sure what happened...if she's really gone or something happened. I called Liam while Ary was changing and he's packing along with the other lads and they're going to come. They weren't planning on coming for a couple weeks yet but they decided to just come, even if this was just some sort of bump in the road. I pull up into the parking log of the hospital and park the car. Everyone is still silent. I feel so awkward. I've never met Mrs. Clark. I don't have that emotional attachment that everyone else has. I wrap my arm securely around Ary's waist as we walk. Eva and her brother lead us to the elevator and we step in, pressing the button for the third floor. We soon get out and walk down the hall until we reach the door numbered 292. Ary turns to me confusion on her face. "Is she OK?" She asks. "I don't know" I tell her and rub her back. She pulls the sleeves of her jumper over her hands and follows Eva into the room. There's Eva's mum lying on the hospital bed looking pale, limp, and asleep. Ary quickly turns to me and buries her face in my chest. She sobs softly. I hold her tightly. She finally calms down and turns to look at Mrs. Clark. Mr. Clark is sitting on the chair and there is a small couch along with a couple of other chairs. It's actually quite a big room. The doctor walks into the room. "I need everyone who isn't family to please exit the room and wait in the hall" He says kindly. I wrap my arm around Ary's shoulders and walk with her out of the room. She turns right away to me. "Shhh" I say as she sobs into my chest. Everything has been so rough for her. It's hard to see her like this. I'm not going to leave her through any of this. The doctor soon walks back out and motions for us to enter again. I thank him and take Ary back into the room. Eva is sitting there lifeless. So is her brother. Her dad has his face buried in his hands. Eva finally realizes that we're in here and stands up. "Um...they're giving...m-mum...a couple hours...at max" She says and starts crying. Her brother quickly rushes up and holds her in his arms. Ary turns to me still crying but it's getting worse. I sit down in one of the chairs and Ary curls up on my lap crying into my shoulder. The lads should be here anytime. I don't honestly know how much more of this I can take. I want to be here for Ary but I just need a break. As if one cue Liam walks in quietly. Ary gets up quickly and runs straight into Liam's arms. He holds her tightly. Louis and Zayn soon walk in. I get up and walk over to them. Louis wraps me into a friendly hug. "I'm going to go get some air" I say quietly to him. "I'll come with you" He says. I nod and walk with him in silence to the elevator. "You OK mate?" Louis asks. "No" I say and sit down on one of the benches. He sits down next to me. "Ary will be OK." He says and pats my back. "I want to be there for her I do..I just can't handle this kind of stuff" I tell him. "I know it's not easy...listen if you ever just need to get out, you have Liam and the rest of us can take care of Ary while you just get away OK." He says. "Thanks Mate" I tell him. He pats my back and we sit there for awhile. "So, how is Eva's mum?" Louis asks. "The gave her a couple hours..so anytime now" I tell him. "Do you want to go back there?" He asks. I nod. "I need to" I tell him. He nods nd we stand up. He gives me a quick hug and we walk back inside. I sit down in the other chair as soon as I walk back in. Ary sits down on my lap. I wrap my arms securely around her. She kisses my cheek and snuggles into my chest. "How ya doin?" I ask. "I'm scared.."She says quietly. "It's ok..I'm here" I whisper to her. She wipes her face and takes a deep breath. "I love you" She whispers. "I love you too" I whisper to her. I kiss her forehead and hold her tight. After about an hour and a half the heart monitor starts beeping  differently. Mr. Clark quickly hits the nurse button and Ary sits up, alert. I hold her waist tightly. The nurses and doctors rush in. "I can't watch this" Ary says and burys her face into my chest. She shakes against me as she cries. "She's gone" She says shaking. My grip tightens as the words come out of her mouth.

----------

*DAY OF THE FUNERAL*

~Ary's POV~

I finish clipping my necklace on a take a long look in the mirror. She's gone. Mrs. Clark is gone. The only person I felt was a mother. I looked up to her in every way. I was part of that family. I was always welcome. i'm going to miss her so much. I feel a hand on my shoulder. "Babe, we gotta go" Niall says. I nod and look at the ground avoiding eye contact with him. "Ary, don't do this" He says. "Do what Niall?" I ask finally looking at him. "Please, don't turn off. Don't just shut everything out" He says. "Why'd this happen, to us, to Eva?" I ask practically ignoring what he said. "Everything happens for a reason" He says quietly to me. I quickly wrap my arms around his neck. He wraps his arms around me in return. "C'mon babe" He says pulling away. I give him the best smile I can manage and turn to walk out the door. As soon as we're downstairs Louis greets me with a hug and a kiss on my cheek. Eva walks around the corner, her face pale. I quickly wrap my arms around her and she does the same. Graham soon comes around.  That's Eva's brother by the way. Finally we all leave. We get into the cars and drive over to the church. There's already a bunch of people here and everything is set up. Eva and Graham head to a different room where the family is meeting. Niall takes my hand and squeezes it tight. I look around for anyone I know and see the football team standing in a corner talking. Niall notices too and we walk over there. "Ary?" Some girls say, questioning if it's actually me. I give them a weak smile, never letting go of Niall's hand. I do let go of it soon though to give everyone hugs. Some of the girls give Niall hugs and such. We talk for a while before heading into the sanctuary for the service. I sit down inbetween Niall and Liam. Niall wraps an arm around my shoulders.

----------------

It's dark. It's raining. It all fits in with the saddness. I just want to turn off. I don't want to deal with this stuff anymore. Ever since the funeral it's been so quiet. The mood is different. Obviously. "Babe?" Niall says walking into the bedroom where I'm sat on the window seat. I look at him but turn back to the window. He sits down next to my feet and rubs my leg as I start crying again. I crawl over onto his lap and bury my face into his chest.  His grip is tight but comforting. I finally stop crying and calm down. Niall kisses my forehead over and over again. "Where's Liam?" I ask shakily. "He's about to leave with Graham to go get some food" He says. I quickly get up and throw on a random pair of Niall's supras and run to the foyer. "Ary!" Liam says a bit to cheerily for my liking. "Can I go with you please!" I beg. "Yea sure!" He says. I give him a weak smile and hug him. "Do you want a coat?" He asks. "Nah" I say. He wraps an arm around my shoulders as Graham walks into the foyer. "Ready?" Liam asks. Graham nods and we walk outside to his car. I sit in the front with Graham and Liam is in the back. Graham drives to the supermarket and we get out. I walk away from Liam and Graham and walk to the freezer section. I grab a tub of chocolate, me and Niall's favorite. I head to the candy section and look through all the candy. It all seems too cheerful. I turn and walk away to find Graham and Liam. I find them looking through bags of chips. Liam gives me a smile and grabs his favorite kind of chips. We head to the check out after getting everything we want. liam takes my ice cream and pays for it. A picture of Zayn and I catches my eye. I pull the magazine off the rack. "The girl seen multiple times with Niall Horan switching to a new man?" I roll my eyes but continue to read on.

"A girl who has still not been named was seen multiple time with Niall Horan of the world famous band, One Direction. She was seen a couple days ago with Zayn Malik. Is she done with Niall? Is she taking on two men? Who is this girl? Rumor has it that she's the sister of Liam Payne."

The magazine is pulled out of my hand by Liam. "Don't listen to what they say ok we both know that it's all lies" He says and puts it back on the rack. We walk out of the store and back to the car.

----

"Hey!" Niall greets me as I walk in the door. I give him a kiss on the cheek. "I got ice-cream" I say like a little kid. Niall smiles. We walk into the kitchen and grab spoons. Niall takes my hand and we walk to the guest bedroom. "What movie do you want to watch?" Niall asks. "I don't know." I mumble pulling the lid off of the ice-cream. Niall selects Nemo and the advertisements start. I climb onto Niall's lap with the ice-cream in my lap. I take a giant spoonfull and shove it in my mouth. "Your gonna get a..." but before Niall can finish I cut him off. "Brain freeze!" I cry. "Exactly" He says. I rub my temples until it goes away. Niall smirks and gives me a peck on the lips. Suddenly I don't feel like eating anymore ice-cream. I put my spoon on a napkin on the table. Niall puts his spoon down too and closes the ice-cream. I cuddle into his chest as he wraps a blanket around me. "I love you" He whispers as I start to drift off to sleep. I fall asleep before I can get a chance to say it back.