XX || A Summer's Sky

Start from the beginning

Link nodded before breathing a sigh of relief. Then he lowered himself onto the edge of your bed, the added weight causing the wooden frame to creak softly. His crystal eyes seemed to narrow slightly into a calculating stare as he leaned in towards you.

"Um..."

Having him so close stirred up a storm of unwanted feelings. Your internal temperature began to rise, causing your cheeks to take on a reddish hue. The tempo of your heartbeat increased significantly; it was thumping so loudly against your chest that you swear Link could probably hear it as well.

You immediately leaned back, hoping to create some space between the two of you. Link, completely oblivious to the effect he had on you, took your action as a sign to lean in even closer.

"W-What are you doing...?" You stammered.

"Checking," Link replied in an even tone, seemingly completely unfazed by your proximity with one another. Without offering any further explanation, he suddenly reached toward you and pressed his hand to your forehead.

Your eyes widened, and the blush on your cheeks darkened. You weren't used to such acts of physicality from him, as minor as they were. In this life, Link preferred to keep to himself. Whereas in his previous life, he was very open to being physical with others.

"Thank the gods, your temperature dropped." Link sighed in relief before retracting his arm.

You quickly showed him a smile while trying to tame your erratic heartbeat before replying, "yes, I feel a lot better."

You really did. Your fever broke a couple of nights ago. While you were still quite weak and needed to remain in bed for the majority of the day, you were at least on the road to recovery.

Link gave you a small smile. "I'm glad."

Then without warning, he suddenly toppled onto you. You cried out in surprise at the unexpected turn of events. On instinct, your arms shot up, hands gripping onto the fabric of Link's collar to stabilize him. You probably would've succeeded, too, if you weren't so weak.

"Oof...!" You grunted as Link's entire weight fell on you, crushing you. "L-Link?!"

"Sorry..." You heard the Hero of Time muttered tiredly, his voice slightly muffled by your shoulder.

He planted both hands on either side of your body before easily lifting his weight off of you. Then he rolled to his side, unceremoniously collapsing onto the space beside you.

Your [e/c] eyes, still wide with surprise, slowly shifted over in his direction. Thankfully, Link had his back turned to you, or else he would've begun to question the redness of your face. Knowing Link, however, he probably would've just assumed that your blush was as a result of your sickness rather than embarrassment.

Still... What was that just now?

"Are you... Are you okay?" You asked in concern before poking his shoulder hesitantly.

Link merely nodded in reply. He turned back around, eyelids slowly fluttering open. He grabbed your hand, much to your surprise, before lowering his head and pressing your knuckles to his forehead. You automatically tried to struggle out of his grip, but his hold only tightened.