XII - Helen's Truth

Start from the beginning

"Mother, we didn't get a plane, nor a car, nor a ship, nothing, and in a heartbeat we're on Mt. Fuji, within the mountain I love! Are we in a dream? And what place is this? It looks like a command room on a spaceship."

"That is all true. We needed to show you a world of which we are a part. Remember the skeleton in the classroom and the thoughts of the other people you've listened to? Assembling the skeletal parts and moving objects are powers that you have and this is called telekinesis. Listening to the thoughts and talking to the mind is called telepathy," Zara said.

"Mother, how can I do this? I don't know anyone who does this. Is there something inexplicable to me?"

"No, daughter. You're completely normal. I'll tell you a little story so that you better understand what's going on," Zara said, raising a holographic screen with the thought and a simple touch in the air.

The image of the human evolutionary chain appeared and she continued:

"You must have studied the ideas of a scientist named Charles Darwin. He showed that everything in nature is in constant evolution and that the species that best adapt to the environment are the ones that have a greater chance of surviving. The inherited characteristics that facilitate this adaptation are strategic advantages that are transmitted to the offspring and make possible the reproduction of the species. To conclude better, Homo sapiens is obviously not the last human species. We have evolved..."

"But where are you getting, mother?"

"Daughter, it's logical that this evolution wouldn't stop here. The man of the future cannot be as we are today. In the past, the changes were triggered by the discovery of fire, use of tools and groupings in society. When they learned how to cook, plant, and use technology, the men had more time to use their brain. Imagine how we'll be in the future; with all the technologies we have invented in the last few centuries."

"Obviously we'll change; I agree with these ideas. I'm studying these subjects at school and I already know some things about Biology and Evolution. However, I didn't understand what this has to do with me. We came to Japan to stroll around and did a trip that I can't understand even now. What about grandma Lorena and Sophia? Where are they?" Little Helen kept asking.

Nicholas, quite nervous, couldn't control himself and said, directly:

"Your grandfather Merko and your mother are beings of the future!"

"What? You can only be joking." She stared at him, wide-eyed. "What about you, daddy? What about me?"

The girl was frightened. She felt palpitations and drops of sweat dripped from her forehead, she was still and pale. She couldn't express a word. She just watched the facts.

Suddenly she screamed in a trembling voice, her eyes fixed on her mother, lost in feelings of disbelief:

"You mean you're Ets?"

"No. We are developed humans from a distant future. We came to visit planet Earth and I met his father, while Merko fell in love with your grandmother. From the love between your father and I you were born, my dear, and I waited for you to grow up so I could tell you everything without confusing your head. But your powers began to awaken." Zara touched Helen's temple.

"My daughter, that explains why you have this ability to communicate with the mind and use telekinesis," she said, using telepathy.

"I think it's best if she sees it with her own eyes. Let's transmute ourselves, just me and Zara," Merko interrupted.

In a moment, they were transformed into their original forms.

Helen was even more terrified. She looked at the big eyes, the head and everything that had changed in their bodies.