Chapter 44: I Made The Bad Boy Cry

Listen to "Tears In The Ocean" by Jay Sean!

Heath's POV

*********

"Riley! Come on Riley! Ugh!" I hit the steering wheel in stress and anger.

Riley can't die.

I reach down and grab her wrist checking for a pulse. I sigh in relief once I find it.

"Riley, please don't give up," I beg as I step down on the gas pedal.

I need to get to a hospital.

I enter New York in under ten minutes. The roads are in horrible condition due to the snow, but that doesn't stop me from driving at a hundred kilometres per hour.

The same thought keeps running through my mind.

I can't let Riley die. I can't let Riley die. I can't let Riley. I can't.

Within ten minutes, I fin the nearest hospital and quickly park.

Looking at her, I curse mentally as I realize I can't take her in. The staff will ask too many questions I can't answer.

Nervously, I look around to come up with an idea. When I see an ambulance with its door's left open, I get an idea.

"Riley. I don't know if you can hear me, but I need you to stay strong just for a little bit longer. Please," I beg.

She's starting to get pale, and that just motivates me more to get on with my idea so before I exit the car, I land a small kiss on her forehead.

Leaving my car, discreetly I enter the ambulance. I close the door and look for clothes a doctor would wear. Once I find them, I quickly change.

Taking a deep breath, I climb out of the car and walk into the hospital. I keep my frame straight trying to blend in with confidence.

Walking through the hospital, I stop at a storage closet. I make sure no one sees me just before I enter. I take a plastic bag and stuff it with bandages, anaesthetic, pain killers, needles, string for the stitches, utensils and disinfectant.

I immediately exit the room and hurriedly walk through the halls once again.

I'm just glad I know how to stitch up wounds.

I stop in the lobby seeing there's a payphone. I need a place to stay and I can't take her to a hotel. They'll ask way too many questions too, so I decide to call my old friend, Liam.

After six rings, he picks up.

"Hello?"

"Ah- Liam? It's me Heath. I know we haven't talked in a while, but I'm in town and I need an immediate place to stay."

The words come out in a hurry.

"Hey, man. Don't worry about it. The old house should be empty right now, the key's are under the mat. Everything okay?"

"Yeah man thanks," I state.

"I'll try to come by," he says.