Chapter 48: One

"Can you please get out of the bathroom. Like now!" I pound my fist against the door. Fricken Heath's been in there for over an hour.

"I'm -Ow." He groans as my fist comes in contact with his chest instead of the door. I smile proudly.

"You deserved it. Now move." I walk in past him, and push him out.

"Someone has a small bladder." Heath mumbles on the other side of the door.

"You were in here for over an hour!" I protest. Last night, after our conversation, we went to bed. And by we yes I mean we. Heath and I slept together in the same bed. We both figured that if we want our full sleep we might as well. I don't remember waking up, so I'm guessing it worked.

I come out of the bathroom in ten minutes. I walk out to the living room, where Heath was waiting for me. "It's snowing, so keep your hood up. I still think it's a bad idea letting you come with me."

"You didn't have a choice, and you're not getting one either. Just shut up, and go. I'm letting you drive."

"You are?" He questions.

"I am."

"You or the car?" Heath devilishly grins. My response comes out as simple as a eye roll. I ignore him, and walk over to the garage door. Heath follows behind after grabbing our backpack. I enter the car, and sit down on the passengers seat.

Once Heath's sat, he pulls out a piece of paper. "Okay, so we're going to visit a couple of the places he's visiting. Which includes Global Banking Investors, Science world, and The Pacific hotel where he's staying." He reads off.

"Okay, but what's your plan once you get there? And how'd you get all this information?"

"The plan is for you to stay outside, and I'll go in doing all the talking. The car's bashed up, and I don't want any questions, so we're going to park it in one place. We'll walk around everywhere else because with what I know, all these places are pretty close together. I've followed this guy for over years. I know his usuals."

"Okay." I agree. Heath starts the engine, and drives off.

We were in down town Vancouver in under an hour. Heath parks at one of the market's parking. "We'll eat first." Heath says.

"Okay, we're having Tims then." I smile getting out of the car. I make sure my hood's covering my face as I walk across the street to Tim Hortons.

"Wait up." Heath demands. It took him longer, because he had to grab our bag. I walk into Tims, and Heath finally catches up. "Don't do that. We have to stay together. Wait. I also forgot to ask, do you have your gun on you?" He whispers silently beside me. I nod. The taunting piece of metal was tucked in, in its usual place.

"Pass me some cash." He takes out an American twenty dollar bill. I walk up to the cashier. "Can I have a medium English Toffee, and an everything bagel with herb and garlic." She types everything in.

"I'll have a large French Vanilla with a turkey sandwich." Heath orders from behind me.

"Anything else I could get for you?" The chirpy red headed employee asks.

"No." I say in a monotone.

"Okay. Uh... that'll be ten fifteen." She says. I hand her the twenty dollar bill.

"Go sit down, I'll grab the food." Heath whispers in my ear. I nod, and head to an empty seat after taking the change from the employee.

The lobby was full of old people. The way the other employees were eyeing us made me a little fidgety. We did look very suspicious wearing our hoods inside, but we can't afford them seeing our faces either.