Chapter 29

"Riley will you hurry up?" Jen asks getting annoyed.

"I'm coming." I say from the bathroom. I fix up my make up one last time and head to Jen.

"Finally." She groans and I smile walking past her to my car.

I get into my car and Jen sits on the passenger seat. "You're really going to drive a Ferrari in heels?" Jen raises her eyebrows.

"No." I laugh. I take my heels off and put them on the side under the seat.

"Why did I not go with Ian again?" Jen asks.

"Because Luke is at home meaning not his dorm, I didn't want him to go past the restaurant to pick me up and go back again. You're here because I also didn't want to go alone." I smile.

"Oh." She exaggerates. "What a nice girlfriend you are." I roll my eyes and start the car.

After a fast drive, we get to the restaurant in under ten minutes. On normal speed it takes about twenty five.

"Remind me never to get in a car with you again." Jen remarks. I chuckle. Jen exits the car as quickly as possible.

I wear my heels and exit as well. I hand my keys to one of the ushers," There better not be any scratches on my baby." I eye the guy who looked around his mid twenties. He nods and drives my car away.

"Reservation's under Denver." Jen notifies the girl sitting behind the counter.

"Oh yes, Heather can you please show them to their table?" The girl says to another waitress. The waitress nods.

"This way please." We follow the waitress to the back corner where a rectangular table was. I noticed that everyone was already there.

"Thank you." I say.

"No problem, please feel free to look through the menu. When you're ready to order just press that button and I'll be here as soon as possible." She smiles and leaves. Jen takes a seat beside Ian. I sit beside Luke in front of Jen. Dylan and Kylie were sitting across from each other. Heath sat on the other side of Ian. And Kat was nowhere in sight as I notice the seat on the other side of me is empty. I look at Luke and smile as we lean in to kiss.

"So where's my date Princess?"

"She is ah..." I look around and spot Kat coming in. "She's right there." I smirk. "Hey," I smile as she sits down beside. She wore a nice blouse and a pair of jeans.

"Hi." She greets back.

"Guys this is Kat, Kat this Luke, Jen, Ian, Dylan, Kylie, and Heath." I introduce everyone.

Heath smirks grabbing Kat's hand from off the table and kissing the back of it," Nice meeting you beautiful. You're on the basketball team, right?" Kat nods pulling her hand away.

*********

"Oh my god I remember Heath ran around the house chasing me for that." Jen laughs.

Dinner's going great. Kat really mixed in with everyone even Heath, and it's not as awkward with Luke here as it is at lunch.

We've all been talking, so Luke hasn't had a chance to ask me about break. I'm planning on just lying about it if he doesn't find out some way.

"So Kat, what are you doing over winter break?" Jen asks.

"I'm going over to my mom's place." She says gulping a spoon full of her ice cream dessert.

"What about you?" Kat asks Jen.

"I'm going home for the break with Heath and- OW!" Jen screams. She drops her spoon and her hand hits flat down on the table causing it to shake. Jen glares at me for kicking her from under the table, but I give her a 'I'm a sorry' look.