Chapter 10

"Stop, Jen I'll get up later." I respond to a cold feeling on my cheek. The sound of a hiss makes my eyes shoot open. My mouth gapes not wanting to scream. Whatever it was, it's leaving a trail of slime on my cheek. I slowly bring my hand up to my cheek. I look at the poisonous creature from the corner of my eye. A SNAKE!? Without thinking, I pick it up.

"AHHH!"

I scream looking at the nauseating yellow snake. I throw it on the floor, bringing my legs up to my chest wanting to burst out crying. Out of all the creatures in the, world I hate snakes. Hate.

My eyes follow the sound of laughter towards the door frame. Heath. I narrow my gaze at his chuckling figure.

"You ass! Get that fucking snake out of my room! Ugh!" I run into the bathroom, and slam the door shut.

I take off my clothes and get into the steaming shower. I massage my head by lathering the shampoo. I wash the shampoo out and apply some conditioner. I soon wash that out too. I enjoy a couple of more minutes in the shower before a hiss from the bottom of the tub causes me to freeze in my position.

"Please. Please. Please. No." I look down to see another snake," Ah!"

I turn the shower off and get out. I wrap the towel around myself and open the bathroom's door. I look at Heath who's currently sitting on my bed.

"Heath!" I yell. I am so fed up with this guy. He looks at me in confusion, but soon starts smirking. I cross my arms over my chest.

"Stop that fucking smirking and get that stupid snake and any other snakes in my room, out of here."

"Come on Princess, Buddy couldn't have been that bad. You probably even put on a show for him in there." I gasp as he walks past me grabbing Buddy.

"Get out." I scold. He exits the front door taking buddy with him. I go back into the bathroom, change into my clothes, and dry my hair.

I come out of the bathroom only to see Heath once again sitting on my bed. I roll my eyes and ignore his presence. I walk over to my night stand. I grab my phone and scroll through it.

Heath's eyes trace my every move as I do so. I scroll through my phone and read Jen's message saying she'll be out most of the day. I feel Heath's presence now hovering behind me. I turn off my phone.

"What do you want Heath?" I turn to face him.

"Nothing much. Just wanted you to come to the party tonight."

"Ian's party, why?" I ask.

"Because what's a prince without his princess?" He leans in.

"Even if I was there you'd still have no princess, because I'm not yours. I'm not going."

"Either go on your own, or I'll do it my own way."

"Either you leave me alone, or I'll kick you out on my own way," I glare at him.

"I guess it'll be my way then." He says walking away. I cross my arms and watch him leave.

"Just a warning princess." He says standing in the doorway, "Don't go walking around alone at night." With that he leaves closing the door behind him.

The worst morning I've ever had. And I've had a lot of those.

Beep. My phone indicates I have mail. I open it, and it was this month's schedule for work. I only have a two hour shift today from eight to ten and I have practice from five to seven thirty. That works out perfectly.

But it's only ten thirty, and I have nothing to do. I look at the book laying on my night stand. Might as well. I think to myself sitting on the bed and grabbing the book.