you make me feel young again

Weather awoke from her slumber on the hotel bed, by a slight tapping noise at the door.

She stood up from the white sheets, and groggily walked to the door.

She didn't know why she was still here in Forks, she had already met her father at a small diner out of town, and she figured out the future of River and how she wouldn't be in it. So why stay?

But there seemed to be some kind of hope in her, hope for her not to turn in her hotel card, and drive off back to the airport.

As she opened the door, it was that hope that she felt; standing on the outside in that hallway.

"River?" Her voice full of shock.

"Hey," He began, his hand flew up to the back of his neck. He smiled sheepishly.

"What are you doing here?" She felt her heart flutter, the way it did three years ago.

"I wanted to say, um, that I'm sorry. Sorry for totally loosing my cool at the pizza shop last week. I just couldn't believe it, you know? Like yeah I forgot about you, but I didn't forget that one thing you told me. That you'd be back when your eighteen. I guess I just hopped you wouldn't come back or something, because to hell with the feelings you left me. I wanted a new life, you know? One with a girl that liked me, and a friend that sticked with me." He explained, his shoulder leaning against the door frame. His eyes had a dewy finish.

"I'm sorry I made you feel that way, I didn't want to leave. You know that." Her tone of voice was getting softer, and weaker.

"I loved you," River said, his eyes falling to the ground.

"I love you." She said, strongly.

"So tell me, what have you been doing since I left?" She said, with a light tone. Walking in the room so he could follow.

"Well, I ended high school at Forks, and I engaged right when I graduated. I honestly didn't know what I was doing, but she was happy so it felt right I guess." He said, not having eye contact with her as he closed the door and walked to the bed to sit next to her.

"Are you going to marry her?" Weather tried to hide the pain in her voice.

She watched as his eyes met with hers, and a look of youth was apparent.

"River you're still young, don't do stuff that you don't want to do. You have your whole life ahead of you." She watched his sculpted olive face look around the room.

"I'm not marrying into anything. I love her." He reassures himself.

Weather felt her chest clench.

"I'm sorry River, but, I have to go. I can't just wait around for you. You obviously have moved on, and I'm sorry but I can't stand listening you tell me you love someone else." Weather said, her voice rising as she stood from the bed. She turned to look at his perfect face, perched on her white hotel bed.

"Weather I," His voice was weak and he reached for her hand to stop her from going anywhere.

Her palm lit aflame, as his touched hers.

"I still love you. I never stopped loving you." Weather said with watery eyes.

And before she knew it, he pulled her with her hand, to his lips.

It was almost a thing of magic, when their lips touched a explosion of feelings and memories burst every single vain running through her body. She forgot how much she yearned for his touch, and how she could never live without it again. The electricity heightened as his other hand snaked around her waist and guided her to sit on his lap.

He could just feel the tension radiating off her skin.

His hand let go of hers and led up her arm, letting goosebumps trail after.

His muscular hand reached around and to the zipper of her pale pink dress.

She sighed onto his perfect lips, her eyes fluttering to the touch of his rough hands on her bare back.

He detached the kiss, their eyes slowly opening to look at each other.

Her eyes watched his as he studied hers. She felt the shivering sensation as he reached around her back to unclasp the bra she wore.

She helped him, slipping off the bra and releasing the dress off her shoulders.

The memories of that night in her bedroom three years ago came flooding back.

"River," Her voice was like velvet to his ears. Her perfect body was delicate and smooth.

He loved her, he loved her so much.

Weather awoke to the sun shinning bright through the curtains, her hair tasseled all around her face.

She smiled so wide to the memories of the night before, her fingertips tracing over the spots he touched.

palm.
arm.
shoulder.
neck.
cheek.
lips.

She sat up from the white sheets, and turned to look at the love of her life asleep next to her.

Her smiled dropped to a frown.

He wasn't there, instead was a small note.

She frantically snatched the note and opened it, eager to see what he wrote.

"Dear my love,
Im sorry to leave you like this, I promise to you I'll never do it again. I just have a few things to take care of. I'll be back soon, don't ponder on where I am. I love you, and I'm going to live the rest of my life with you.
Yours truly, River."