rain falls and close calls

River slowly drove back to his house, trying to make the time he'd get there similar to when he'd leave school.

He never loved the rain more then this very moment, they were large droplets that splattered as they hit his windshield, their weight made them quickly drop down before the next one came; letting River not use the annoying windshield whippers.

He couldn't take a smile off his face as he closed the door and walked up the driveway with his backpack on his shoulders. He opened the door slowly, hoping not to get the wood floors wet with his soaked, ash covered, blood stained, new Chuck Taylor's.

"River is that you?" Saturn called from her bedroom, then looked at the clock on her nightstand. 3:05 pm.

She set her book on the bed before getting up, walking to the living room.

River walked expeditiously to the bathroom, hoping to get away from Saturn and take a warm shower.

He locked it and turned on the shower, undressing and setting his glasses on the counter while waiting for it to get hot.

He heard a bang on the door as he stepped in the tub, reaching his palm up to see of the water was warm enough before he doused himself completely.

"River Phoenix open this door! I know it's you and not Rob because the water trail you left!" Saturn pounded on the door.

River sighed, as he let the searing water run down his face and back.

He started to sing softly, turning around to grab the shampoo. He tried so hard to ignore Saturn as he enjoyed his hot shower.

He started to sing louder, trying to cover her pounding fist.

"Hey Jude, don't make it bad. Take a sad song an make it better." River sang passionately, rubbing the shampoo in his hair.

"Why aren't you at school young man!"

"Remember to let her into your heart."

"Did you skip? How dare you!"

"And then you can start to make it better."

"River, I'm sorry I yelled. Please just get out of the shower and tell me why you did it?"

"Hey Jude don't be afraid."

"River god dammit."

"You where made to go out and get her."

"River I'm going to get the key." She warned.

River suddenly stopped singing, as he rubbed a bar of soap on his shoulder.

He sighed, quickly washed the suds off his body, and turned the water off. He stepped out of the tub, grabbed his glasses, and walked to the door, he opened it slightly sticking his head out.

Saturn stood there, her arms crossed.

"I didn't think you'd ever get out." She raised and eyebrow.

"Do you have a towel?" He said sheepishly, setting his glasses on his nose.

She rolled her eyes, "Yeah let me go get one out of the closet."

She left down the hall to the closet door.

River leaned against the doorframe, keeping his body mostly covered by the door.

She came back with a brown towel, he grabbed it and wrapped it around his waist before he came out of the bathroom.

"What do you want to tell me?" He asks, walking to his room.