train tracks and splash backs

The harsh patter of rain woke Weather from her slumber in her cozy bed.

She couldn't remember how she got back, but she assumed it must of been her dad or something. He always knew where she went, and she didn't mind.

She rubbed her eyes, and sat up. She looked around the room. It was dark and gloomy.

The sun mustn't be out, she thought to herself as she looked at the open window.

She got up to go close it, and then she went to her closet. She kissed her index finger, and placed it on the lips of Paul.

He hung on her door, next to the rest of  The Beatles. She took her finger off the poster before opening the door.

She walked in and started to go through her clothes. She picked out a crop top that was made of crocheted tan yarn, it tied at her neck, reminding her of some kind of halter top. She then picked out flowy navy blue pants that she folded at the bottom.

She looked at herself in the mirror, and ran her hand over the fabric of her pants, smoothing out the wrinkles. She took her hair down from the messy pony tail, and brushed through it with a comp.

She grabbed a small backpack, put her things in it, grabbed her jean jacket, and slipped on her sandals.

She went down the stairs, and to the kitchen. She opened the fridge to grab the pitcher full of Shirley Temple her mother made. She grabbed two plastic bottles from the cabinet, and poured the red liquid into the sealable cups.

She stuffed them into her bag that was on her back, and shut the fridge.

She walked passed the living room to the front door, her father stopping her.

"Where are you going this early in the morning?" Arthur said, sitting on the couch watching television.

"Um, the train tracks." She said honestly.

"Okay be careful, and remember the train times." He said pointing a finger at her.

She pointed one back, and went out the door.

River groaned with pain as he woke in his bed.

His head was killing him, and he felt this kind of laziness he hasn't felt since after the coma.

I haven't been taking my pills, he thought to himself.

He got up from his surprisingly comfortable bed, that was normally far from it.

He groggily walked down the hall, to the counter that sat containers of pills. He read each of them, remembering which ones he took before. He popped fourteen different pills in his mouth, and swallowed them with the tap water.

He wobbled to the table, and sat down at the seat. He lay his cheek down on the wood, and sighed heavily.

A loud nock on the door startled him.

He lifted his head up quickly, making it ache. He got up from the table and went to the door, taking his time.

He was completely surprised to see Weather standing there.

"Hi, River." She says sheepishly.

He sighed leaning against the door frame, his hand touching his head.

"Would you mind spending the day with me?" She says awkwardly, pulling at the backpack straps.

"Um, sure." He said suspiciously, holding out the sure.

"I'll be right there." He said closing the door, and walking to his room to put the shirt on that he was wearing yesterday, and his shoes.

Weather stood there in shock, her eyes wide as she rethought the images that just appeared.