regection and deception

Weather sat on her floor, looking directly at the window. Rain droplets splattered the glass making a relaxing taping noise, but Weather was far from relaxed.

She couldn't relax with what was on her mind, her father chased River out the window, River climbed her house just to talk to her, Rivers reaction to her confessing she was a coward, and how he didn't seem bothered at all that she was yelling at him.

Weather didn't know what was going on in his mind, and she really wanted to.

A slight knock on the door made her snap out of her confabulation.

"Hey sweetheart, the Garold's are here, roasted ham and a sighed of avocado salad." RoseGold said with a light singing voice, almost as if she was talking to a baby Weather thought.

"Okay mom, I'll be down there." She said, getting up from her seat on the floor.

She walked down the stairs, appearing in the dinning room, and taking a seat next to Mary.

"Hey," She said casually, as her parents talked to hers.

"Hi." Mary said, more then happy today, with what had happened two hours ago.

Weather eyed her as she placed the salad into her bowl. Wondering why she was so bubbly, she's usually so rude. She decided to leave it though, she thought It'd be weird and offending to ask her.

"So, what did you do today?" Mary said, licking her lips slowly.

Weather raised her brow, "Uh um, nothing really. Just read some books. How about you?"

Mary turned her body towards her, ready to tell her the amazing things that had happened.

"Well, I went to school and it sucked. Of course. But, I had been invited to go to a pizza place, can you believe it?" Mary said, tweaking some things.

"No?" Weather said, finding it easy to believe.

"Okay anyway, so he was so gorgeous and sweet. But he was such a bad boy when it came to other things if you know what I mean." Mary said with a wink.

"Yeah," Weather said, elongating the word. She wished she didn't ask Mary about her day, it obviously consumed of inappropriate things.

"So yeah things got so hot and heavy, I mean it was so heated that he yanked me out of the booth of the pizzeria and dragged me to his van, and kissed me so good for like twenty minutes straight-"

Weather stopped listening for a second as she took a bite into her salad, chewing it slowly so it would take up the time. But suddenly a familiar name was said, and it made her drop her fork.

She rethought the words in her head, as the whole table went silent. They all stared at her as she stared in oblivion, reprocessing.

"Did you say, 'and then River made my lip bleed' ?" Weather said slowly, turning to Mary.

Mary felt completely embarrassed, the whole table was looking at her for her response, some looking for different answers. But to Mary her parents could go to hell, she was going to finish this heated story to Weather and not to her family.

"Yes, yes I did."

Weather felt her stomach flip, and she had to hunch over and grab it. She could feel herself paling by the second, and her breath shallowing.

She couldn't help but scoot her chair out and walk out of the dinning room, she ran up stairs, and slipped on her shoes, hopped out of the window, not caring it knocked the breath out of her as she ran to his house.